Unknown unit marking @Bulgaria @1941??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown unit marking @Bulgaria @1941??

Can anybody help? I bought @200 odd photos mostly of a group of Wehrmahct rankers in Bulgaria @1941-1942. Can anybody help me id the unit? This is the only clue I have.
    With great gratitude:
    Attached Files

See a motorized medic (triangle), but better scan is necessary to see the Truppenkennzeichen, looks like there's one to the right.

Comment

Thanks Akira:
      the back of the photo says "Stabsartzt Reinke" , so i guess dr. reinke traveled in style:
      sorry, I just can't get it any clearer.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the larger scan, but to me it is too blurry and can't say anything for sure... Might be a Y with dot(s) (both 8.Pz and 9.Pz was in Balkan). The lower white blob may be showing "Abs(tand 50m)".

It is interesting to see this vehicle being almost completely yellow from either heavy dust or paint, leaving gray only around the marking...

If you can give us as many place names and/or dates (from the photo or backside writing) as possible, hopefully a better guess could be made. Also, names of high-ranking officers, if any, is always a help.

Comment

Ah Ha!! Look what else I found amidst the hundreds of Hungarian scenes!! (They're in Sofia, Hungary AND later, Bulagaria):
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice one, confirmed 8.Panzer-Division!

Comment

ah! Thank you.
              Perchance do you have an open copy of tessian in front of you and can tell me where the 8th Panzer Div. was @1941-43?
              Thanks again.
              JeMc

Comment

1941 - Jan/Feb: Home, Mar: France, Apr: Yugoslavia, May/June: Home, July: Pleskau-Luga, Aug: Narva-Leningrad, Sep/Dec: Waldai
                1942 - Jan/Feb: Leningrad, Mar/Nov: Cholm, Dec: Smolensk-Bryansk
                1943 - Jan: Smolensk-Bryansk, Feb/Mar: Welish, Apr/Aug: Orel, Sep: Desna, Oct: Kiev, Nov/Dec: Sh<!---->itomir

Better look at here:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...sionen/8PD.htm (has inaccuracy in Apr 41)
                Last edited by Akira Takiguchi; 12-17-2003, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Hmmm so my fotos all range from March-May, 1941!
                  Thanks again.
                  JeMc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X