Dlv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dlv

Does Anyone Have Pictures Of Dlv Personnel?
    Could You Post Some?
    Thanks Much Everyone.
    “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Dlv

Here is a photo as Mark requested ...

This DLV officer is Gerd Fieseler. Gerd was a pre-war aerobatic pilot of some note and a German national champion. He competed in many of the early international aerobatic competitions. His company went on to build the famous "Storch" aircraft. He died in the late 1980's.

In my many history books on aerobatics --- I flew competition myself for 24 years and now am officiating at international championships --- I never saw Fieseler in a DLV uniform. Imagine my surprise when I found this one on eBay. He is pictured by his famous F2 Tiger airplane which he flew in many exhibitions before the war.

Gerd was also instrumental in the revival of post-war aerobatic competition flying and his efforts culminated in the 1st World Aerobatic Championships held in Bratislava, Czechoslovakia in 1960. For some years, he also presented a trophy to the German National Aerobatic Champion but after his death, his family lost interest.

I never met this man, though our paths nearly crossed on a few occasions, but wish I had. These early aviation pioneers were fascinating men and women.

Mike Heuer

P. S. Well, after all the typing, the Forum won't let me insert an image or put an attachment to this message. Oh, well. And I have posted hundreds of images prior to the latest revamp of the Forum "look". I click on "Manage Attachments" and nothing happens!

P.P.S. Luck. Photo attached.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike Heuer; 12-18-2003, 09:52 AM.

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Thank You Very Much Mike !!

Mark
      “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X