Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rochus Misch's book in English ?????

Dear Members,

Does anyone have a clue when Rochu Misch's book "The last Witness" will be published in English. It is amazing that it has been published in almost every language except English!

Thanks,
    Dave.

LOL I read it in Bulgarian so long ago that already forgot enough of it, can gladly read it again.... and it is not yet out in English?
    The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Originally posted by Theodor View Post
      LOL I read it in Bulgarian so long ago that already forgot enough of it, can gladly read it again.... and it is not yet out in English?
      I know, it is very hard to believe, it is sheerly amazing, it must be an issue on the business end related to the pubisher, translation rights, etc, etc.. Probably some BS. I know Rochus Misch certainly wants it translated!

Comment

3 years after this thread has started and the book has still not been translated?
        sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

It appears not to be, don! But here's a thought: since Theodor has a copy of the book in Bulgarian, and his English looks fine to me, perhaps he would consider doing a translation? That may be quicker than waiting until a publisher finds someone to translate it from the German -- assuming that it was originally published in German -- and brings it to the markets here!

Br. James

Comment

Hi James, it's a good thought but someone needs a lot of time to do such a task.
            Of course if Theodor is willing to do the translation, it would be perfect for everyone

Comment

It has even been translated in Dutch, and who on earth speaks that? Perhaps a good Samaritan wants to translate it to English, but I'm very busy at the moment

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Witness/dp/B002BWOZ1A

Seems to be in English.

Sorry - it's a DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by johnM View Post
                  http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Witness/dp/B002BWOZ1A

Seems to be in English.

Sorry - it's a DVD.
                  Hi John, i found this dvd too while searching for the book.
                  I guess i will have to settle with that for the moment.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X