Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joseph Mengele signature?

Hello,

Have you seen the Mengele signature on sale at Regimentals?
    Whta do you think about that?

I'm concerned about the fact that only the name is exposed in the frame...senseless or too much sense...

Thanks

T.K.

You may want to post a link directly to the page showing the Mengele signature, that way you may receive a better response to your question by putting the image 'on the plate'.

Regards Richard.
    Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

In my opinion, this was handwritten by Dr. Mengele. Technically, it is not his signature as it comes from a SS RuSHA form (as described on the website) being cut from the original form listing his family background. Hence, it is a word written by Mengele. The pity is that the form was destroyed in order to obtain it (and others) as in the case of all clipped signatures and most examples of handwriting.
      Max.

Comment

Heres the link.

http://www.regimentals.co.uk/shop/vi...h=43434&phqu=4

Max, I have never seen Mengele sign his name with a "ph" before. Isn't is usually spelled with an "f"?

i.e "Josef" not "Joseph."

Granted, I have only seen half a dozen or so of these signatures "cut" from documents and don't know if they were all original or not, but they all appeared to have the "F" in his first name. The military documents that I have seen that are unquestionably original, are just signed "Mengele" above his rank.
        Last edited by SiPo; 07-29-2009, 04:22 AM.

Comment

I am not an expert in signatures, but from what i have seen it looks like Mengeles handwriting. In the FBI files about Mengele he is named "Josef Mengele" and not "Joseph" it also says his SS number was 317 885

Comment

Originally posted by g hanson View Post
            Heres the link.

http://www.regimentals.co.uk/shop/vi...h=43434&phqu=4

Max, I have never seen Mengele sign his name with a "ph" before. Isn't is usually spelled with an "f"?

i.e "Josef" not "Joseph."

Granted, I have only seen half a dozen or so of these signatures "cut" from documents and don't know if they were all original or not, but they all appeared to have the "F" in his first name. The military documents that I have seen that are unquestionably original, are just signed "Mengele" above his rank.
            If you read my post above again, you will see that I have stated it is not his signature, but it is a section cut from his SS RuSHA family history. This original form was filled in by Mengele. It subsequently disappeared from the SS file (probably during the 1980s BDC thefts) and an enterprising buyer realised that if he/she cut out all the names "Josef, Joseph, Mengele" and "Josef Mengele" that appeared throughout the form, he/she could sell them as clipped signatures. That is where I am certain this came from. So, once again I repeat, it is not his signature, but a handwritten name by him which refers to one of his forbears.
            For the record, Mengele's name was JoseF, spelled with a "F", and here is a photocopy of his signature obtained from the Bundesarchiv.
            Max.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
              If you read my post above again, you will see that I have stated it is not his signature, Max.

I know you did Max but Regimentals stated it was, which is why I merely asked you if his name was usually signed with an "f" and not with a "ph."

Now that I know the "ph" spelling of Josef refers to a relative, it explains why all the other versions I have seen spell the name with an "f." Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

What about this one?

https://www.weitze.net/detail/81/III..._156981_e.html

Comment

Originally posted by robs View Post
                  I'd like to have a closer look, but I think it's real.
                  Max.

Comment

Thnaks Max.

Pics for thread reference.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X