No announcement yet.

2 SS with Goring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i for one think its good! if a person is worried about there pics then watermakes them, if there still worried dont post them as this is the internet and stuff gets copied, iv been doing research on various stuff that i was interested on the estand and was searching through the threads and ALOT of people who still activately post here have removed the pics posted with no reason and thus makes the thread worthless! its a real problem and this thread is very much a case in point! by doing this the forum will keep the information otherwise why should we have thread after thread with no pics or info?

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
      I will reserve the right to do what I like with photos for which I have paid and now own.
      Max.
      Couldn't agree more - it's the principle of ownership and the minimum level of control that picture and postcard collectors have over their property.

This notion of 'post it once and we will display it forever' is a bad move for the person who owns & paid for the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by paddywhack View Post
        well i for one think its good! if a person is worried about there pics then watermakes them, if there still worried dont post them as this is the internet and stuff gets copied, iv been doing research on various stuff that i was interested on the estand and was searching through the threads and ALOT of people who still activately post here have removed the pics posted with no reason and thus makes the thread worthless! its a real problem and this thread is very much a case in point! by doing this the forum will keep the information otherwise why should we have thread after thread with no pics or info?
        Well I have never removed pictures and don't intend to - though I prefer to know I can if I ever want to. I did close a photobucket account once though as they kept deleting pictures with a swastika in them.

I think it's unfortunate when that happens & pictures get removed but it's nowhere near reason enough to take control away from the picture owner.

Comment

That is an appalling change. It removes the right of an owner to post and remove his/her own images. This will certainly make me think twice about posting photos on this forum and I'm sure I'm not alone. A retrograde step....awful decision.

Max.
          Max I'm sorry I don't agree with you, I for one was one of the many that requested something done about the VAST amount of research and resource photos that were being lost . These forums are great for the vast amount of info that can be found and refered back to with an item in ones collection that they might have a question about. But if there are a few in the Forum that wants to use the forum for thier own "Selfish Use" in wasting others time in answearing then I'm sorry IMO they shouldn,t be here.

Joe

Comment

MAX thank you. It is my right to remove the photo if I'd like to. Don please don't ever consider me selfish. I have done favors for others on this forum as well. Yes I agree it can be good to search old threads though. But please sir tell me how it makes me selfish for wanting to remove my own photo?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxxBrunn1938 View Post
              Max I'm sorry I don't agree with you, I for one was one of the many that requested something done about the VAST amount of research and resource photos that were being lost . These forums are great for the vast amount of info that can be found and refered back to with an item in ones collection that they might have a question about. But if there are a few in the Forum that wants to use the forum for thier own "Selfish Use" in wasting others time in answearing then I'm sorry IMO they shouldn,t be here.

Joe
              Joe,
              No need to apologise; discussion is also a mainstay of a forum and wouldn't it be boring if everyone was of the same opinion?
              However, I believe the Draconian 10 minute editing rule is what is at fault here and that it should be reviewed. It is the right of an owner to remove an image of his/her own that should be maintained. Just as it is his/her right to post it in the first place. The compromise reached on AHF was far more satisfactory than the arbitrary decision here on WAF. Everyone talks of the possible loss of information from past posts, but what of the possible loss of information caused by this awful decision? There are many image owners who will think twice about sharing their photos in the knowledge that they will be unable to delete them if circumstances dictate. I am certainly one of those, having been ripped off in the past.
              Max.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood-SS View Post
                But please sir tell me how it makes me selfish for wanting to remove my own photo?

Re-read post 11.
                pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                  Perhaps the dynamics of badge/medal collecting is a little different than photo/paper items.
                  Reading back over this thread, I think you have hit the nail on the head. There is a big difference. Most badges/medals were mass produced and are relatively abundant today at varying prices (but I accept not all.) If a collector posts a picture of his badge or medal and someone lifts that picture off the internet, the owner still retains his badge/medal. However, an image captured by a camera is a single moment in time and can remain unique unless repeat copies are made. Here we are referring to the captured image and not the physical printed photograph. If that image is lifted, then the ownership of that image (not the physical printed photograph) is lost. Medals/badges are more tangible than the moment in time captured by a camera image.
                  Hope that makes sense.
                  Max.

Comment

Reading back over this thread, I think you have hit the nail on the head. There is a big difference. Most badges/medals were mass produced and are relatively abundant today at varying prices (but I accept not all.) If a collector posts a picture of his badge or medal and someone lifts that picture off the internet, the owner still retains his badge/medal. However, an image captured by a camera is a single moment in time and can remain unique unless repeat copies are made. Here we are referring to the captured image and not the physical printed photograph. If that image is lifted, then the ownership of that image (not the physical printed photograph) is lost. Medals/badges are more tangible than the moment in time captured by a camera image.
                    Hope that makes sense.
                    Max.
                    Makes a lot of sense to me.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
                    <o></o>
                    Allow me to go further: what if the owner of a picture or even a medal sell the item which picture was posted here? What should be done in a case where the former owner can’t delete the picture of an item that he doesn’t own anymore? Where are the rights of the new owner?<o></o>
                    <o></o>
                    Just wondering…<o></o>
                    <o></o>
                    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1lace w:st="on">Douglas</st1lace>.<o></o>

Comment

Well dealers have archives of stuff they sold! I still think that if people dont want there pics copied then dont post them!if there is a genuine reason as to why a pic needs to be removed then the mods can do this!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Jr. View Post
                        Makes a lot of sense to me.<O></O>
                        <O></O>
                        Allow me to go further: what if the owner of a picture or even a medal sell the item which picture was posted here? What should be done in a case where the former owner can’t delete the picture of an item that he doesn’t own anymore? Where are the rights of the new owner?<O></O>
                        <O></O>
                        Just wondering…<O></O>
                        <O></O>
                        <ST1lace w:st="on">Douglas</ST1lace>.<O></O>

You posted a pic that you took. It is still your picture, even if you sold the item later on.
                        pseudo-expert

Comment

Don I read post 11. You just sound stupid accusing me of something I did not do.

Comment

You sure attempted it. If not, please point out where I'm mistaken.
                            pseudo-expert

Comment

I must agree with Don that it seems a little selfish to post a photograph, ask experts here for help with it, and then remove it once you get your information.

Why not leave it up here, so that in the future, an aviation enthusiast searching for "Holtenau Airfield" on the forum would turn up this thread and see your photo? If you removed it, such a search would turn up this thread, but it would be entirely useless without the photo.

Wood SS, you can't see Don's point after re-reading your comment below?

Why can't I remove the pics I posted? The reason I want to is beacause I got the information I needed on the photos.
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Don of all people you should know that I only used the forum in many ways it is supposed tp be used. To further ones knowledge, and may be it asking a favor. Trevor made a good point, and the photo may remain on. If wanted I can post the whole photo.
                                Last edited by Wood-SS; 07-31-2009, 12:25 AM. Reason: forgot to finish

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X