Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions please , Kreta document

Hello Gentleman,

I would appriciate any input on this Kreta Award document, any issues? Originally obtained from Detlev, looks textbook to me, but I would like to hear your thoughts.

Please click on the link for pics; http://www.reichauctions.com/thumbna...thumbnail2.htm

Best,
    JD
    What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Hi Joe,

The date is very late for this cufftitle. According to Scott's article, most where awarded in late '42 and early '43, some as late as '44, but August of '44 is very late.

Anyone else??

Tom D.

Originally posted by Joseph D'Errico
    Hello Gentleman,

I would appriciate any input on this Kreta Award document, any issues? Originally obtained from Detlev, looks textbook to me, but I would like to hear your thoughts.

Please click on the link for pics; http://www.reichauctions.com/thumbna...thumbnail2.htm

Best,
    JD
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the response, sounds logical enough, but a while back I posted a Krim shield doc. and was awarded very late , but original. I think that dates on the documents do not always coincide with the date or participation and this is reason for late dates on awards. In example some KC winners were not awarded docs well after the field notification of them meeting the criteria for winning the award, as well as some recipents never actually reciving the award well after the wars end.

I hope that others can help out with this as well.

Best,
      JD
      What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Comment

Hi-
        The late date is, to me anyways, not of much concern. As JD has mentioned many documents were awarded at a very late date. However, I would like to draw your attention to the signature. Can anybody read it? The reason I mention this is because none of the Oberbefehlshaber of Luftflotte 4 sounds similar:

GenOb Alexander Löhr, 18.3.39 - 20.7.42
        GenFeldm Wolfram Freiherr von Richthofen, 20.7.42 - 4.9.43
        GenOb Otto Dessloch, 4.9.43 - 17.8.44
        GenLt Alexander Holle, 25.8.44 - 27.9.44
        GenOb Otto Dessloch, 28.9.44 - 21.4.45

Of course this does not mean that this is a bad document. Simply enough, someone else could have signed it. Would this be "normal" practice? Regards

JimUK

Comment

The signature reads Deichmann and he was Kdr.Gen. of I.Flieger-Korps (under Luftflotte 4), so it is probable that he signed the document in trust of (I.V.) Holle. Certainly Deichmann lead Luftwaffenkommando 4 (renamed from Luftflotte 4) in 1945.

Comment

JD,
            Have you put a magnifier on the typed "4" in the date? Part of my day job involves looking at typography a whole lot and to my weary eye the 4 in the date looks almost hand-lettered compared to the typed one in "Luftflotte 4." Don't know what it would prove even if it was, but it seems a teeny, tiny bit curious.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X