Sepp Dietrich signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sepp Dietrich signature

opionions on this signaturehttps://www.weitze.net/detail/42/Waf..._122142_e.html

It looks authentic
    Last edited by TH0791; 07-20-2009, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Yes, nice and original signature.

Comment

Originally posted by TH0791 View Post
        Authentic
        Originally posted by rudolf souval View Post
        Yes, nice and original signature.
        What makes you both so sure? Please give your reasons.
        Regards,
        Max.

Comment

Compression to some 30 autographs from the war

Comment

Compression to some 30 autographs from the war
            Yes, but how can you state categorically that this particular example is 100% authentic? The scans shown are not very clear and to properly compare it to other examples (which of course should be genuine), surely you should have a much better sight of it. Or do you personally know this particular example? I don't know. There are a lot of very good copies of Dietrich's signature about and many of them look like this. Personally, I wouldn't give a categorical assessment either way based on these scans alone, but that's just me. Interesting.
            Regards,
            Max.

Here's a real one for example.......
            Attached Files

Comment

Can I ask your opinions on these three please?
              Thanks,
              Max.
              Attached Files

Comment

Number 2.
                Attached Files

Comment

Number 3.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'll have a go at it Max.

No. 1 & 3 fake.
                    No.2 could be. Maybe later in his life. Not his wartime signature.

Regards,
                    AB.
                    In memory of my Uncle,
                    Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
                    2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
                    Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Seeing a lot of Dietrich signatures makes me so shure. Not 100 prosent of course, but i'm also thinking that weitze has a lot of good signatures.

Comment

Here's a fourth. What about this one? Real or fake?
                        Max.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                          Yes, but how can you state categorically that this particular example is 100% authentic? The scans shown are not very clear and to properly compare it to other examples (which of course should be genuine), surely you should have a much better sight of it. Or do you personally know this particular example? I don't know. There are a lot of very good copies of Dietrich's signature about and many of them look like this. Personally, I wouldn't give a categorical assessment either way based on these scans alone, but that's just me. Interesting.
                          Regards,
                          Max.

Here's a real one for example.......
                          ok, you made your point and I accept it. No autograph is %100 authentic unless you got it in person.

I think that the later three are all fakes.

Comment

You are absolutely right! I have bought a few autographs from mr Weitze, but i bought them in his shop in hamburg

Comment

ok, you made your point and I accept it. No autograph is %100 authentic unless you got it in person.

I think that the later three are all fakes.
                              My point is that I think we jump in all too often with opinions that are sometimes based on flimsy evidence. I don't know whether or not the autograph posted by ryanww2 is real or not because the images are not great. If pushed, I would lean more to it being a fake. My doubts arise over not the signature (which is not clear enough to evaluate) but over the handwritten date. This does not look like Dietrich's writing. I could be wrong.

However, I do disagree with your statement that "....No autograph is 100% authentic unless you got it in person." Sometimes the source of a signature can decide. Experience and thorough physical examination is also a key factor.

Anyway, the first Dietrich autograph I posted above (#7) is genuine. It was signed by him as a prisoner in Landsberg Prison in 1951.
                              The second is a fake.
                              The third is genuine. It is on an original document from 1936 concerning the transfer of Hitler's SS adjutants to the LAH.
                              The fourth is also genuine. It is on a handwritten and signed portrait from 1938 and was obtained direct from the son of the recipient.
                              So you see that just comparing a signature to others is not sufficient grounds to declare something real or fake.
                              Thanks to all those who participated in this thread, especially andrewb who was willing to have a go before anyone else.
                              Fascinating stuff.
                              Regards,
                              Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X