HJ Travel Brochure...in English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Travel Brochure...in English

Here's a pretty neat paper item. It's a standard size travel brochure, with "Hiking in Germany" on the front side. It's all in English. I guess it's not technically an HJ item, but the Marine DJ cover art work is great! And it is illustrated throughtout with photos of BDM and HJ youth. Tells all about hiking and camping and youth hostels throughtout Germany. 12 pages long. I have 2 other similar brochures, with different HJ related art work, all by the same artist.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? This is actaully a duplicate example that I recently turned up, and was very surprised to find. I believe that any Third Reich paper in English is somewhat scarce to find.

Notice the last page, where it says: "Published by the Reichsbahnzentrale fur den Deutschen Reiseverkehr, Berlin, with the cooperation of the Reichsverband fir Deutsche Jugendherbergen."
    Attached Files

I have other pages to post...WAF, or my computer, is acting up. Bookmark and check back tomorrow if interested!

Comment

A very nice item sporting the graphic design of one of the famous German graphic artists of the 20th Cenutry, Ludwig Hohlwein of Munich.

Ramon

Comment

Thanks, Ramon. Sounds like you are quite familiar with this artist. Do you know where I can locate any other info on him?

Thanks.

Comment

Let's try some inside shots tonight...
          Attached Files

Comment

another page...
            Attached Files

Comment

another...
              Attached Files

Comment

another....
                Attached Files

Comment

one more...notice the wording in the lower right hand corner...
                  Attached Files

Comment

The rest of my brochures...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Like many things in the internet age, start with Googling Hohlwein and you're on your way.

Ramon

Comment

This is a duplicate item for me. For those viewers that may be interested, this neat piece of history is now listed For Sale in the Papers section on E Stand. Thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X