Interesting Meldeblock acquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Meldeblock acquisition

I bought a Meldeblock (notebook) from German Ebay a few weeks ago. It was sold as a WWII Army Meldeblock but when it arrived the cover had black marker covering the writing under the "Meldeblock". I immediately thought this was some sort of BGS/postwar item. Inside there are 9 pages of notes written in Sutterlin script. So I figured it couldn't be too far after the war. After fiddling around with some bright lights, I made out "auf Hitler Jugend" under the black marker.

Inside the front cover is some instructional text and inside the back cover is the map symbols legend. Does anyone know if the HJ legend would be different from the standard WH one? This is my first Meldeblock I have owned.

As a HJ book is it worth more or less than an Army one?

Can anyone translate the Text?

Thanks

SpookyDad

The text is written in a secial German shorthand (stenography). Today no one does use it any more. You should find an older (German) member who is able to read this writing.

Gerdan

Comment

Neil, I think this is Gabelsberger shorthand. Here is a link if you want to try and decipher your message. http://db.biblhertz.it/noack/steno.xml Of course then you'll have to translate it from german after that.

Comment

Thank you for the info. Now I will have something to keep me busy in the evenings.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
          The text is written in a secial German shorthand (stenography). Today no one does use it any more. You should find an older (German) member who is able to read this writing.

Gerdan
          My mother learned Steno ... I could ask her .. ;-)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X