Officers ID Poland 1939 Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officers ID Poland 1939 Pics

I was wondering if anyone would be able to ID any of these officers or the location ? It is from a Poland 1939 album and some pictures were unfortunately damaged.

I think the damaged ones are Soviets from what I can see of thier caps and the chevrons makes me think this.

In the first pic there is a Soviet officer in the back ground and the German chap in front with the very large eagle on his cap i think is part of the diplomatic corps.

Comment

Originally posted by byterock View Post
      I think the damaged ones are Soviets from what I can see of thier caps and the chevrons makes me think this.

In the first pic there is a Soviet officer in the back ground and the German chap in front with the very large eagle on his cap i think is part of the diplomatic corps.
      I thought the guy on the steps, 2nd row left was russian but was not sure about the others, also I didn't realise that the eagle was a diplomatic corps one. Thanks for that info Would anyone have an idea of the location or the name of the diplomatic corps officer ?

Comment

The first pic seems to name a regiments kommandeur, oberst Weber. The question is which Weber is it? I can see at least a couple of possibilities, IR 30 of the 18 ID or IR 85 of the 10 ID.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
          The first pic seems to name a regiments kommandeur, oberst Weber. The question is which Weber is it? I can see at least a couple of possibilities, IR 30 of the 18 ID or IR 85 of the 10 ID.
          Thanks a lot for that. Not sure if it may help narrow it down further but here are another couple of pictures from the album

The album was damaged and stripped of a few pictures so I am not 100% sure they are all related (though they seem to match the captions from what I can make out).

Comment

officer id Poland

Very nice this pic-it shows Officers of the 13thMot Inf Div,the officer
            is the future GM Karl Ritter von Weber as Cmdr 93rd Inf Regt,note he
            is wearing the buttonhole ribbon of a recipient of the Bavarian Max Josef
            Order,he died of wounds 20/7/41 at Krassnyj.
            Harmel

Comment

Thanks all for checking and for the information. I had a quick look for him and came up with this ;

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=1290

I will have a more thorough look online after work. Thanks again for checking.

Comment

Great pictures.

Comment

I had a look on the German text:

1) Lublin Rgt. ... Obst. v. Weber

2) Eintreffen der russischen Abordnung

3) Batl. - Kdr. Obstleutnant Rad... und Kp. Chef

4) Rückmarsch über Wietum (?)

5) Verabschiedung für Schuster (?)

6) Btl. Kdr. am Grab Bahrkes (?)

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks for the translations!

Comment

Looking at the damaged pic the Russian officer who is saluting is most defiantly of General rank as indicated by his large Chevron,

Comment

Gerard,

Congrats you have a second winner there -- it was ObstLt Oskar Radwan, Kmdr II/IR93 (mot) before he won RK in 1940. But wondering who the CdS with cerise stripes on trousers was?

Cheers
                        Elwyn
                        Last edited by Elwyn; 07-09-2009, 09:58 PM.

Comment

offs poland

Nice on Radwan Freiherr!
                          Harmel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X