Historical Value, but Monetary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Value, but Monetary...

I know Himmler's daughter's wartime diary is a rare piece of interesting history. What about value on the market these days? I guess it's up to the buyer/seller considering it is a one-of-a-kind item, but I'd be interested to know some price ranges?

Thanks, Mansal

Originally posted by K98_man View Post
    I know Himmler's daughter's wartime diary is a rare piece of interesting history. What about value on the market these days? I guess it's up to the buyer/seller considering it is a one-of-a-kind item, but I'd be interested to know some price ranges?

Thanks, Mansal
    Hi Mansal

I think it would be very hard to put a value on it. It is case of its worth what someone is willing to pay for it, seen as though it is a one off. It would be interesting to see what it would raise in a big auction house

Regards Adam

Comment

Well with an item this unique I doubt there will be many experts on the forum. I would love to post scans/pictures for you all as it is obviously very historically interesting, but I fear doing that for all the copiers etc. out there. Maybe I'll have to go directly to an auction house. Is Himmler's daughter still alive? I doubt she'd really want to authenticate it...

Any idea what it may go for (based on other similar items)? Estimate in the thousands or so?

EDIT: This is the daughter Gudrun Burwitz born in 1929, not the one born in 1944.
      Last edited by Mansal D.; 06-27-2009, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Well with an item this unique I doubt there will be many experts on the forum. I would love to post scans/pictures for you all as it is obviously very historically interesting, but I fear doing that for all the copiers etc. out there. Maybe I'll have to go directly to an auction house. Is Himmler's daughter still alive? I doubt she'd really want to authenticate it...

Any idea what it may go for (based on other similar items)? Estimate in the thousands or so?

EDIT: This is the daughter Gudrun Burwitz born in 1929, not the one born in 1944.
        Are you saying you own it???

Comment

Originally posted by AJC05 View Post
          Are you saying you own it???
          Yes. From the source, I know it to be authentic. There are skeptics for items that were mass produced, so I know many will be (and rightfully so) skeptical of this. I don't know what kind of expert is needed to be honest...

Comment

Yes. From the source, I know it to be authentic. There are skeptics for items that were mass produced, so I know many will be (and rightfully so) skeptical of this. I don't know what kind of expert is needed to be honest...
            It would be interesting to know how you got this?. After her mother died in the 1970's she recovered her childhood diary. With her being such a secretive person and so un willing to talk to the press or anyone else for that matter, its difficult to understand how the diary could have fallen into a collectors hands.

Not saying its impossible, just highly suspect. What is the provenance?

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by AJC05 View Post
              It would be interesting to know how you got this?. After her mother died in the 1970's she recovered her childhood diary. With her being such a secretive person and so un willing to talk to the press or anyone else for that matter, its difficult to understand how the diary could have fallen into a collectors hands.

Not saying its impossible, just highly suspect. What is the provenance?

Adam
              Adam,

Did not know that. Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I'd rather keep the information from lurking eyes on these forums. I know and trust you so I can discuss this via PM/e-mail.

The thread is about possible range of prices, though. (You answered what you thought, so thank you again. Just making a point to get the thread back on track.)

Comment

Correcting myself now. This is not as much of a diary as I thought. It is a small brown book dated "1943" with her name. It then has days of the week of every month so it's more like a dayplanner. It has some long written entries though. Just clarifying. I mispoke a bit.

Comment

BTW, she is still alive and involved in some well dodgy stuff pretaining to ww2....

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm View Post
                    BTW, she is still alive and involved in some well dodgy stuff pretaining to ww2....
                    So I have read.

Comment

Send her a scan and ask her if she wants to buy it back :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm View Post
                        Send her a scan and ask her if she wants to buy it back :-)
                        I'd rather not. Something tells me she could have a pack of not-so-friendly people after me in no time.

Back to topic, though...(even though it's a difficult one to answer)

Comment

i think your estimate is close of course it depends on some left out details
                          Last edited by SSkrieg; 06-27-2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SSkrieg View Post
                            i think your estimate is close of course it depends on some left out details
                            What estimate??

Comment

What estimate??
                              in post 3 "in the thousands or so"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X