Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Painting on E-stand

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=363071

I have no idea if this is or the seller is genuine and I have no desire to buy it even if it was original.

However, in the interest of being fair to all newcomers and because I was guilty of poking fun on the estand thread, I thought I'd give the seller the chance to tell us more about himself, the painting and why in his opinion it is worth 19,000 euros.

thanks for your reply.
    I have bought this painting some years ago together with some very high valued items. It´s definetly original and its value is much higher than 19000
    I think somedbody who knows these paintings now what I´m telling about.
    It would be nice to get some opinions of collectors with experiences in collecting a.h. aquarels

Comment

Ok, where did you find the painting? Who is this expert that says it's original? If you know the painting to be real, why have you not approached the big auction houses like Sotheby's or Christie's? Are you aware that other AH paintings have sold in the past but then were considered fakes?

Comment

As I thought, another waste of everyone's time.

Comment

Ben makes some good points as to, what makes you think this is Original, Surely Any one that spends that amount of Money with such a Tricky/Faked Market would of got expert opnions on this Painting?

Maybe the seller is working on this Request,and will come back to us.

Comment

hitler painting

Just a few quick thoughts.
            the picture looks like some of those attributed by Jahn in the '80's and a morgenstern frame is correct. Hitler watercolors are not terribly rare. This is a picture that would be accepted by any major auction house as legit.
            Now, imho, Hitler was not a very good painter and most work is actually quite bad, this would be a picture certified by Jahn that falls into a small category that doesnt really match the rest of Hitlers output and auctioneers using Jahns certification simply call it his best work. I wonder if maybe some of his 30 year old certificates shouldnt be reexamined?
            For your edification, hitler watercolors generally sell at auction for between $10,000- $20,000 us .(that may explain why he's giving it a shot here, no commission to pay)
            Whether or not someone feels comfortable engaging the seller in a purchase is a completely different matter!
            Last edited by kirke; 06-25-2009, 12:13 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Is it me or does it kinda look "Disney-ish"? Also the signature looks like a grammar school kid practicing his penmanship. Is this typical. Granted, I would know genuine AH art from grandma moses!

B

Comment

With quick google search:
                there was an auction in UK in April this year.

13 paintings were sold, most were landscapes signed A.H. and total sales price for paintings was almost 110 000 euros. It was mentioned that self portrait sold for 11 000 euros.

Comment

Originally posted by MASteel View Post
                  With quick google search:
                  there was an auction in UK in April this year.

13 paintings were sold, most were landscapes signed A.H. and total sales price for paintings was almost 110 000 euros. It was mentioned that self portrait sold for 11 000 euros.
                  I believe all those paintings were fakes.

Comment

looks like its gone now at any rate!

Comment

painting is sold! It reached nearly the price I offered in e-stand.
                      Dear collectors: Don´t judge about rare ww2 items when you have no knowledge in so special offerings!
                      it´s very interesting that some guys wrote something without any knowledge and they make things bad. I have no understanding for that. I study this paintings for many years and I only can laugh about most comments about this wonderful painting.
                      have a good time!

Originally posted by paddywhack View Post
                      looks like its gone now at any rate!

Comment

so you sold it on the e-stand?

Comment

Originally posted by casey76 View Post
                          Don´t judge about rare ww2 items when you have no knowledge in so special offerings!
                          it´s very interesting that some guys wrote something without any knowledge and they make things bad.
                          Unfortunately, this happens all the time...

Congratulations on your sale.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Wright View Post
                            Unfortunately, this happens all the time...

Congratulations on your sale.

Regards,

Drew
                            I couldn't agree more. How many of us are really, truly qualified to pass judgement on an AH painting from a couple of digital photographs on the e-stand?

I respect the judgement of many here when dealing with badges and the like, but unless you have studied AH artwork and/or have several examples of your own, your opinion is just that.

I, too, extend my congratulatiuons to the seller as well as the new owner...a real piece of history!

Best,
                            Skip

Comment

Well done on selling your painting. Now that you've used this forum for your own financial gain, how about passing on a bit of your Art knowledge to us that have "no knowledge in so special offerings"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X