Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when you think..............;

Hello,

Sometimes in veteran estates you find the weirdest thingst and here is such a rarity. Normally one would think based upon the picture that this is a Panzer soldier but when looking at his cap we say again => Luftwaffe. Offcoarse for many of us this could easely be linked towards the "HG" field divisions etc .... but that is not true either in this case.

What we see here is a Glider pilot with a Panzer Tunic on, this picture dates from early 1943 on the Kuban Bridgehead and these tunics where available for these Glider crews and they simply used them because they kept the body warm.

All opinions are offcoarse welcome

Cordial greetings,
    Attached Files
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Great photo!!! I am glad you explained it, or else it might have been a very long thread with no conclusion.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by Al P
      Great photo!!! I am glad you explained it, or else it might have been a very long thread with no conclusion.

Al
      Very true! Nice photo Stijn. Who were the Russian old couple? Was he billited with them?
      Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Strange pictures

Hello,

Thanks for the comments gents., in regards towards the Russian couple => they where the persons where he was stationed for a few days while trapped on the kuban bridgehead (his Go 242 made a crashlanding and had to stay there for a few days)

The here pictured person did survive quite a few operations :

* Pocket of Suschinitschi
        * Kuban Bridgehead
        * Sicily operation

In between he was a teacher etc... on different Glider schools

Cordial greetings,
        my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X