Opinions please, LAH ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions please, LAH ?

Last edited by Tom300; 06-16-2009, 08:44 PM.

The more I look at the photos, especially the first one, the more I feel these are post war modern day photos. They just seem to be too crisp - again especially the first one - for a WW2 period camera. It is easy to add a dedication to the back of any photo so I wouldn't let that sway my thinking. I can write in a gothic style and the name Herbert on the first dedication has a gap between the r & b, which was something I used to do when learning to write in gothic and wasn't used to knowing what space to leave between letters and would sometimes over-compensate, plus this looks to of been done by someone trying to imitate a gothic style but doesn't actually know how to at all.
    I can't pinpoint why I have these feelings and I may be wide of the mark, but it is just my opinion. Should there be a regimental number on the sigrune collar tab?
    Hopefully other members will be able to confirm my feelings or have another view to help you.

- KEViN
    Last edited by hucks216; 06-16-2009, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
      The more I look at the photos, especially the first one, the more I feel these are post war modern day photos. They just seem to be too crisp - again especially the first one - for a WW2 period camera. It is easy to add a dedication to the back of any photo so I wouldn't let that sway my thinking. I can write in a gothic style and the name Herbert on the first dedication has a gap between the r & b, which was something I used to do when learning to write in gothic and wasn't used to knowing what space to leave between letters and would sometimes over-compensate, plus this looks to of been done by someone trying to imitate a gothic style but doesn't actually know how to at all.
      I can't pinpoint why I have these feelings and I may be wide of the mark, but it is just my opinion. Should there be a regimental number on the sigrune collar tab?
      Hopefully other members will be able to confirm my feelings or have another view to help you.

- KEViN
      I agree. Even before I read your comment, I thought it looked post-war and somewhat staged. Again, don't know why...just a hunch.

Comment

And it looks like it has been taken in a warehouse or an empty back room somewhere, which while that is entirely possible for a period photo I just think a supposedly proud member of LSSAH would of gone for something abit more professional. Either way, I am not getting any 'warm & fuzzies' from these photos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X