EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heres something you wont hear about every day:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres something you wont hear about every day:)

hello
    i was at an estate sale over the weekend...large lot of military items...i picked up an autograph book that among others has signatures of Goering, Himmler,Hess,Willy Brandt,Bauer (hitlers pilot), Ernst Udet,several high ranking political figures like the reich minister of Austria, Oberst Priller(commander of JG26),
    several princes from the early 20th century, about 5 other Generals like Bodenshatz(?)...goerings aide, some other Luft..some handwriting of A. Lincoln(no signature just handwrritten sentance) about 150 others(actors, politicians, singers etc.)from the 1930s-1960s time frame...i was kinda stunned when i went through it...there were other documents that were auctioned signed by borman, goering, himmler, rudel, so i am convinced this is 100%
    does anybody have any idea of value?..note many of these are more than signatures they have writing about what a good guy who ever had this book was etc.....the owner died a few years ago...named wulf from wyoming.....
    i am really confused as to what to do with this as i got it very cheap and just want to turn it since i have no desire to keep it.....contains some pics of the personalities also....any info will be helpfull
    it is about 55 pages the size of a paperback
    i will post pics if there is enough interest...
    i was thinking of putting it on ebay but have no idea how to advertise it...i have no inclination to split it up as i feel that will be criminal but obviously many of these willl appeal to different sects of collectors.
    mike

well, I assume some pics will be nice to see of this scarce book
    Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

You might want to check out the autograph collectors' web sites. Theres' even a magazine out there for collectors. I believe Bonhams' has a great autograph dept. and validation/authentication by them would be well worth your selling through them as the final hammer price would be much more than you'd (probably ) get on ebay.
      An Abraham Lincoln autograph (depending upon what's written) can go for @$3,500-$10,000.

Comment

ok
        sorry about not posting pics yesterday but i had a slight cold and didnt want to sneeze on this
        so here are a bunch of pics...i just posted the highlights that i knew of
        many of these actors and singers are probably pretty famous i am just ignorant of them....
        the last photos show a listing of what was in the book....the hitler sig is noted as a facsimile....the Lincoln writing looks awesome...ok...any help is appreciated as to value....McCulloh if you could send me a web address or email address for the firm you mentioned i would appreciate it.....
        have at it boys....
        mike

Originally posted by McCulloh
        You might want to check out the autograph collectors' web sites. Theres' even a magazine out there for collectors. I believe Bonhams' has a great autograph dept. and validation/authentication by them would be well worth your selling through them as the final hammer price would be much more than you'd (probably ) get on ebay.
        An Abraham Lincoln autograph (depending upon what's written) can go for @$3,500-$10,000.
        Attached Files

Comment

last pic....
          would be happy to hear from anybody interested in this fascinating book
          Attached Files

Comment

Spiffy! Obviously a german autograph collector's notebook.
            Try //http:www.bonhams.com or //http:www.butterfields.com

Cheers and good luck,
            JeMc

Comment

Dear Mike,

Some like Hitler (you mentioned that one) but also Göring, Brandt, Lincoln, etc. seem photocopied to me. That paper Lincoln wrote on would be yellow by now if it wasn´t a photcopy and the ink would also not be pitch black.

Cheers, Frank
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

McCulloh...thanks for the email address will let you know how it turns out.
                Frank i hear you but under magnification you can see the ink, where it has run etc. the Lincoln is on some kind of linen paper you can see the threads...i do not believe these are photocopys...the Himmler shows the same ink indicators...i believe they are good...i must note that the owner wrote facsimle next to the Hitler not me...i believe that he was being very faithful to his book throughout....
                i believe this would have great significance to a collector in Germany...any ideas on that Frank??

mike

Originally posted by Frank H
                Dear Mike,

Some like Hitler (you mentioned that one) but also Göring, Brandt, Lincoln, etc. seem photocopied to me. That paper Lincoln wrote on would be yellow by now if it wasn´t a photcopy and the ink would also not be pitch black.

Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X