LSSAH: Private Photo of Michael Wittmann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSSAH: Private Photo of Michael Wittmann

I don't ask for much help on the forum usually, but on this occation I do need a little help from you as a neutral observer:

Is the SS-Untersturmführer shown on this photo Michael Wittmann?

He does not wear any LAH-cufftitle nor cyphers to this tunic, but "Agte's" book on Wittmann does also show him in a portrait shot as U'Stuf. without cyphers.

Unfortunately I cannot post that a.m. portrait shot from 1943 today, since my scanner is making troubles, but the 2 photos do show similarities that even my wife was of the opinion that the 2 photos are of the same person.

What do you think? Especially considering chin, nose, cheaks and ears?

I appreciate your help!

Markus
    Attached Files

Michel Wittmann

Help! No one?

Thanks....markus

Comment

Marcus,I would need a bigger picture as details are just not there.I can barley see that he is an Untersturmfuhrer.
      __________________________________________________ __________
      Cheers Steve

Comment

Definitely not Wittmann.
        Compare with this picture of him.

Comment

I'd have to agree that it doesn't look like him. In the trenches would seem to be the wrong context for him too i'd think.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Wittmann

Many thanks to everyone helping me to not talk myself into something which vibrated wrong the first second I actually saw it.

I want genuine original proven items for my LAH collection and will therefore pass on this autograph.

Maybe a little further ahead I will be able to close the gap in my collection.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X