Are these officers SA or SD, or ..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these officers SA or SD, or ..?

Can't be SA because they have combat awards. Can't be SD because the sleeve diamond is missing. Any help? NSKK would mean Hochheitsadler on collar.

What "combat awards" do you see in the photo?

Comment

I would say they are are SD as you can see the sleeve eagle on the man at the right. The man on the left hasn't the right angle position to see, but looks like SD too.

Laurens

Comment

Originally posted by laurens
        I would say they are are SD as you can see the sleeve eagle on the man at the right. The man on the left hasn't the right angle position to see, but looks like SD too.
        That's my idea as well. Though the missing "SD"-sleeve diamond is troublesome.

Infanteer: I could be wrong but the officer on the left seems to have EK.2 or Winterschlacht 1941-Medaille around his tunic button. The officer on the right seems to have some campaign bars.

Comment

Thomas, I see what you were looking at now. If I'm not mistaken the ribbon for the War Merit Cross could be worn there as well. I can't determine with any accuracy what awards are being worn and so I will have to stand on the sidelines and let the more knowledgable members go to work.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X