• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS certificate / URKUNDE - advancement for a SS Pionier

hi guys,
    could you help me with this URKUNDE :
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post3223811

Originally, I wanted to sell it , but if the doubts about the ranking exist , I will take it out from e-stand ,

thanks schmeisserfan

Hi,

Among other things, I do not understand how an SS-Pioneer could be promoted to Grefreiter (an exclusively Heer rank) when the W-SS equivalent was SS-Sturmmann.

Mike

Comment

It doesn't actually say SS-Pionier, only pionier. There certainly was an SS-pionier Ersatz Btl. in Dresden, might it have included members of the Heer? Also who commanded the btl. in Jan.42
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

In the school location Dresden was trained "Heer" units too. I think Heinz nölte comes from a Heer Unit to the SS school....because this he became the promotion "Gereiter".

1943 the soldier comes to the SS-Div "Hohenstaufen".

I have another information of this soldier, because I bought this doc some monts ago from a member of these forum. I trade the doc with another collector friend and so comes the doc to Schmeisserfan.

@Schmeisserfan
        When you want....i can sent you more informations of these soldiers with PM.

Regards Ronnie

Comment

Interesting thread - a Heer member at an SS school..which also has the authority to promote him. Perhaps if he was in the process of transferring from the Heer to SS - but I had not realized that this occurred at such a basic rank. I hope to hear more about the process of transfer into the W-SS - which seems to have taken place more often that I had previously thought.

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X