SS postcard opinions????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS postcard opinions????

Hello,I have for opinions two SS postcard,for my looks good but I would like to see second comment.Thank you
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The one on the right with the with the SS shield, stamp, and cancellation is definately genuine. The Willrich card is a difficult to tell. There are many reproductions of it, but not sure about this one.

Comment

Here are some examples from my collection to compare yours to. It is interesting to note the various color and paper varieties of the originals. One reason is difficult to spot the reproductions.
              Attached Files

Comment

Reverse of the above 2 Willrich SS cards.
                Attached Files

Comment

Reverse of the above 2 Willrich SS cards.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The Willrich Vogt card posted by the OP is indeed a reproduction card.

There are 2 known good Vogt cards versions. I have attached a scan of the 2 good versions side by side.

Again, the brownish-black high contrast version is definitely not an original card.

In Viewfinder's scan the card to the left is a reprint while the card on the right is good. This Willrich card was NEVER used by the SS Hauptamt as a recruiting card.

Ramon
                      Attached Files

Comment

I neglected to comment on the OP's 2nd SS card.

This card appears in 5 basic types with 2 paper sub types: thin and regular card stock.

The card is part of an 8 card series. They come with no overprint on the imprinted stamp. This was for issue within Germany itself. The 3 other series of this card were overprinted with Lothringen, Luxemburg, and Elsaß for issue in each of the respective occupied territories.

Finally, as shown in Viewfinder's scan, the card and the rest of the series 7 cards were also issued with no imprinted stamps so that the purchaser could affix his own purchased stamps and send through the mails.

By the way, finding the series cards postally used and not favor cancelled brings a premium to their value to the postcard collector.

Ramon
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by ramon; 04-28-2009, 06:49 AM.

Comment

I have scanned a tell tale characteristic of the greenish tinged genuine Vogt card. There is a small 'glob' of color that appears on Vogt's shoulder.

This same characteristic is shown on the example of this card in Klaus Peter's Willrich book published by Bender.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ramon View Post

Finally, as shown in Viewfinder's scan, the card and the rest of the series 7 cards were also issued with no imprinted stamps so that the purchaser could affix his own purchased stamps and send through the mails.Ramon
                            Here is one of the blank ones, whithout postage stamp and unused. Cheers, Torsten.

PS: I agree with Ramon that Willrich card shown on the left and the one at the start of the thread are reproductions.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X