Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAARRRRGGGGG.... just like to vent(bid-sniped)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAARRRRGGGGG.... just like to vent(bid-sniped)

I was going for a nice Tirpitz photo album on E-bay. In the final moments I lost it.

Comment

Nice! Thanks.

Comment

Elvis,
        www.esnipe.com is another one.
        Regards,
        Fred

Comment

I don't use e-bay much but I was curious if anyone knows what happens if the other guy is using the same sniping program?
          AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

At least it is no problem with Hammersnipe... You won't be told about others' bids (inside Hammersnipe) on an item, and all the bids are placed as ordered, resulting accordingly... Smile or revile...

Comment

Hi,

Imo, NO sniping software will stop a really good sniper who really wants an item. A good sniper can time their bid to within seconds of an auction close, meaning that sniping software simply does not have time to respond.

Regards
              Mike K

PS: I didn't even see the album (sounds nice though!) so don't blame me!
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Out of interest, do you still have the link to the auction?
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36048, probably.

Comment

This unique album went under 500$?! Well, that was a dead give away … I wonder how it got to be in the United States in the first place? Here’s how other unique photo albums go on Ebay Deutschland;

Officer with DRK;
                    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=15504
                    Erfolgreiches Gebot: EUR 949,00

Fallschirmjäger-Album:
                    http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=3247804341
                    Erfolgreiches Gebot: EUR 1.343,00 (1.500 USD!)

Whoever the buyer for the Kriegsschiffe-album is … some people have just all the luck.

Comment

Thanks Akira

I wouldn't really call it unique. Many of those photos are ships photographer\PK photos seen quite commonly. There seems to be around 10-15 unique photos there that seem to be of moderate interest. I certainly wouldn't have paid anywhere near that much for it and i have a particular interest in the Tirpitz. Each to his own i guess.
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard
                        Thanks Akira

I wouldn't really call it unique. Many of those photos are ships photographer\PK photos seen quite commonly. There seems to be around 10-15 unique photos there that seem to be of moderate interest. I certainly wouldn't have paid anywhere near that much for it and i have a particular interest in the Tirpitz. Each to his own i guess.
                        Thanks. you make me feel better about losing it. I thought they were all originals.

Comment

Oh i'm sure they were original it's just that members of the ships crew could buy copies of photos from the ships photographer for their private albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K
                            Hi,

Imo, NO sniping software will stop a really good sniper who really wants an item. A good sniper can time their bid to within seconds of an auction close, meaning that sniping software simply does not have time to respond.

Regards
                            Mike K

PS: I didn't even see the album (sounds nice though!) so don't blame me!
                            This is true, I usually wait until the last 2-3secs. Here is a secret to prevent Snipings. Bid the highest amount you want to bid on it. Don't bid $30 under what you would pay for it, bid all of the money you would pay for it, and if someone snipes you then you know that that was all you would pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis
                              I was going for a nice Tirpitz photo album on E-bay. In the final moments I lost it.
                              Secret to win (in most cases) on ebay. Wait until one minute or less until the end of the auction and bid $500.00 above the highest bid. By the time the other sniper figures it out you will win.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X