Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Identifying Aircraft

Greetings All,
    I've just acquired a Third Reich period private pilot's license. Along with it came photos of the man's career in the Imperial German Navy as a naval aviator (apparently an NCO back-seater in a float plane).

Photo1 is a hanger shot of his private plane during the TR.

Photo2 shows him standing on the pontoon of his WWI float plane.

I've not been able to identify either aircraft. I would appreciate your assistance.
    Attached Files

Here is Photo2:
    Attached Files

Comment

Plane 1 - modified Klemm 25.
      Plane 2 - looks like a DFW to me. Might be a Hansa also

Cheers,

Al

Comment

Very interesting photos. I would guess this guy must have been a fairly wealthly individual, to own a nice private aircraft like this during the 1930's.

Do you have any idea where the aircraft hanger depicted in Photo #1 may have been located? Possibly in the same town/city as the address on his pilot's license?

Comment

I would agree with alex - the monoplane is a Klemm 25 - used by the Luftwaffe for training pre war - won was on display at Tempel hof airfield until recently - it's now in a Berlin museum - see picture that i've picked up from the web
          Attached Files

Comment

I would agree with alex - the monoplane is a Klemm 25 - used by the Luftwaffe for training pre war - won was on display at Tempel hof airfield until recently - it's now in a Berlin museum - see picture

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X