Would a stamp collector booklet be good to store WW2 photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would a stamp collector booklet be good to store WW2 photos

I have a few WW2 photos that I would like to store safely. Would storing them in one of those books that stamp collectors use to expose their stamps in be safe on the long term?

JL

Hello JL,

With respect, I don't think we can answer that to your best interest until we know more about the construction of the stamp storage book you refer to in your question. Is it made of archival grade materials (acid free etc.) or not?

I have seen several threads on safe storage of paper items in the Conservation Forum. I know that there are some folks who store their documents in Mylar sleeves. I believe that a few searches, and some time spent reading the threads there, would really help you decide what is best for your long term document storage and display.

I hope this has helped.

Kind regards,
    Stu

Comment

I dont have a stamp book, but was thinking of buying one, hoping; considering stamp fragility, that it would be acid free, etc, etc.
      I only have a few photos to store, so dont want to make some kind of huge investment or research into rare archival materials.

Does anybody know what stamp books are generaly made of?

JL

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X