napola, blood order, lebensborn, and busy ss men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

napola, blood order, lebensborn, and busy ss men

some years ago i had an interesting conversation with a napola graduate, a fine man who experienced short russian capture at the end of world war 2, a hitch in the u s marines in korea, and a successful career as a gradeschool teacher in colorado.
    he wanted particularly to see my npea student dagger, as his was lost in 1945. while looking later at my blood order, he began to lament the misunderstanding in the u s about lebensborn, the absurd notions that it was a harem of brood mares for the master race. at that precise time, he was examining copies of the files of the blood order winner and noticed the list of his children and his contributions to one in particular through his ss pay. two kids that close together in 1941 brought his complaints to a halt.
    the lesson is, i suppose, that even those who were there can have odd opinions
    robert sowada
    Attached Files

a

a

Comment

z

z
      Attached Files

Comment

x

x
        Attached Files

Comment

a healthy baby program

I know less about the Lebensborn than other Himmler endeavors yet I remember that There was to be monetary support for the mothers and babies as part of the incentive to have more aryan children than could be had within wedlock. So I wonder just how much a SS father had to contribute? was it a token amount, or a sliding scale?

I also have an old late 50's "Der Freiwillige" that is lamenting the salacious interest in USA and european nations about the SS Lebensborn in lurid old "B"movies and men's magazines.They seemed to be trying to say it was just a healthy baby program.
          -Michael

Comment

NPEA School

Did your man tell you which school he went to in Germany or Austria?

Comment

monthly payroll deductions

Well, I just did not want to start cracking open the books...but I did anyway. Professor Koehl's book on the SS states that "while the maternity homes ,hospitals, sanitorium were set up by the SS as a registered society with Himmler as the charman at first because SS men were having illicit familes on the side and getting in trouble with abortions . This was unacceptable to Himmler and bad PR"...so then the SS began urging SS men to join the society by arranging for monthly payroll deductions. It was not long before all the higher ranking full time officers were compelled to contribute on a scale which taxed bachelors and rewarded men with large families. the demand was high and 3 more homes were planned."
              This was also done within the power plays of Himmler kicking Darre totally out of power in RuSHa, as he was originally in charge of pure blood Aryan baby preservation...so to speak

citation from Koehl. "The SS: A History; 1919-45."

So these documents show the monthly payroll deductions of a higher ranking individual.

history is so much more fun than most realize.
              Last edited by Michael Fay; 03-13-2009, 11:36 PM. Reason: more history

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X