Olympic games decoration first class award document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic games decoration first class award document

I have enclosed some photos of a recent purchase of an example of the olympic games decoration first class neck order from 1936. Less than 800 of these awards bestowed for the 1936 berlin summer and 1936 garmisch-partenkirchen winter games. The first clas saward was reserved for generral rank officers or very high foreign dignitaries who had a major role in preparations for the games. I think himmler had this award as well. My document is to a meyer -quade from kiel. I believe he had something to do with the night of broken glass and was a well to do sa leader. If anyone can provide info on this sa leader or a photo, i would really appreciate the help. Too bad i sold my example of this medal years ago, i should have known i would find a document someday! Thanks for looking,,regards,,mike ( SORRY FOR THE REFLECTION IN THE BOTTOM 3RD OF THE PHOTOS, THE DOCUMENT IS ACTUALLY PRETTY FREE OF ANY FLAWS EXCEPT FOR THE PUNCH HOLES)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by michael leone; 03-08-2009, 02:49 PM.

Olympic games decoration first class document

Pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic3
      Attached Files

Comment

sa obergruppenfuhrer meyer -quade

does anyone have any pics of info on joachim meyer-quade?

Comment

Joachim Meyer-Quade (* 1897) was Mitglied des Deutschen Reichstags (Member of the German Reichstag = the German parliament) and in the list of the Reichstag members you find a photo of him:

http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/...l?nativeno=439

Since 1934 he was Polizeipräsident in Kiel during the period of the Olympic Games. So he should have been responsable for the organization of a lot of Olympic Games on Baltic Sea.

Later in the beginning of WW2 on 12 September 1939 he was KIA in Poland.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Meyer-Quade

Gerdan

Comment

Additional (or more specific) info than the web links:

Born in Düsseldorf on Nov 22, 1897

Reichstag:

9/1930 to 4/1932: Wehrkreis 13
            11/1933 to 9/1939 (when killed) : Wehrkreis 13
            (in gap held same post in Prussian Landtag)

WWI:

Feldartillerie Regiment 84 and then from January 1915 with Infanterie Regiment 99

NSDAP number: 7608
            1925 Ortsgrupppenleiter in Schleswig
            1927 Führer of SA Sturms 7 (Schleswig)
            End of August 1932 Kreisleiter for Kreis Schleswig
            Promoted SA-Standartenführer January 1, 1931
            Promoted SA-Oberführer July 1, 1932
            July to November 1932 Gauleiter for Gau Schleswig-Holstein
            January 1 to September 14, 1933, Führer of SA-Untergruppe Schleswig
            Promoted SA-Brigadeführer July 1, 1933
            September 15 to October 31, 1933 Führer SA Brigade 16
            November 1, 1933 to January 31, 1934, Führer SA Gruppe "Niedersachsen"
            February 1934 to mid-September 1935 Führer SA Gruppe "Nordmark."
            Promoted SA-Gruppenführer March 1, 1934
            Promoted SA-Obergruppenführer November 9, 1937

Killed in Poland as an Army Leutnant leading an infantry company.

Best,
            Mark

Comment

thank you gentlemen for the great wealth of info on meyer-quade! looks like i am off to a great start with a wealth of info possibly available on him. another example of how one document can tell more than just a name or an award. thank you very much for your help. regards,,mike ps. i also found a pic of his grave site on this very site posted back in 2004!

Comment

A lot of what I added is from multiple research areas interests so my document copies cover more than 1 area (SA, NSDAP, etc). SA Personalakte are generally poor and vary in detail compared to SS. Also much of the SA material is handwritten adding to the nightmare. A lot of men are a puzzle needing more than one area to compile.

I love the larger formal award documents, enjoyed seeing yours for it's rarity (and for a beautiful decoration) and one of the few with multiple colors. A very handsome and historical piece. I rather have it than the decoration as there is a connection to a specific person. Most awards are just that, awards with no name.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X