Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown KC winner, enlisted man??

Hi Guys,

The photo shows an unknown KC winner who served in my grandfathers unit or at least in the sister unit? My grandfather is the "Spiess" second from right, and the KC winner is on his right, in other words, 3rd from right.
    Unfortunately, I only got these pics from my grandfather, once he had past away, so was never able to ask him

My grandfather served in the 3rd Bn LW Jg Regiment 25!

I know its a long shot, but maybe someone here has some info regarding KC winners from the above mentioned Reg and/or even has a pic of the enlisted men who were receipients of this award?

Many thanks in advance

Dion
    Attached Files

closer view of the KC winner
    Attached Files

Comment

Are you sure he was in the 3rd battalion and not 3rd company?

ie. it would be written 3./Jäger-Regiment 25 (L)

The reason is that the 13 Feld Division (L) or for that matter the 12 into which it was amalgamated in 1944 had only 1 RKT with the rank of obergefreiter and he belonged to the 3 Kp. of Jg-Rgt.25, Adolf Teuwsen awarded the RK 14.04.44

http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_...chword=Teuwsen
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon,

You are absolutely right! He was from the 3rd Com. The designation is how you have written in your thread

Thanks very much for the info, as this has always been my question ever since I received my Grandfathers pics many years ago!
        Thanks for taking the time Simon, its greatly appreciated. I didnt think that there were very many KC winners in that Regiment, or in any other LW field Division for that matter!

Does anybody know what the circumstances were surrounding the award of the KC to Adolf Teuwsen?

Dion

Comment

Yes, that's him. Veit Scherzer has a pic of him, same as what was available at Kai Winkler.

Cheers
          Elwyn
          Last edited by Elwyn; 03-08-2009, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I see that he was in actually a member of the Heer, alloted to the Luftwaffe, or am I mistaken? The reason I say this is that this link has him listed as being a member of the Heer and not the LW: http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...reuz/RKT-R.htm

Thanks,

Chuck

Comment

Hi Chuck,

These guys were Luftwaffe personel under the command of the Heer. My grandfather wore both the Luftwaffe fliegerbluse as well as a M43 Heer tunic, especially towards 44 and 45.
              Maybe this is why he is alloted to a Heer unit.

Dion

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X