Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Goering Raeder signatures

Hi Guys,

I went to the Pomona show on Saturday and saw these impressive looking documents. How does one determine if they are genuine signatures and how much would they command if they were? The first Hitler signature was priced at $600 if I remember correctly and the other ones were similarly priced but I don't remember exactly how much. Anyway I thought it would be interesting to post these.

Best wishes,
    Sal
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

well what do you all think?????

Comment

I have some original signed photographs of Hitler & Göring that used to be owned by Anny Winter, Hitler's Munich Housekeeper, & the signatures you posted appear to be correct. However, nothing beats an in-hand examination to be sure.

Comment

A friend has the documentns for the awards of his father and asked me to reserach the signatures. One turned to be Adolf Hitler, exactly the same like on your photos!
                  However if the document you show is a fake, the signature will be perfect, too, after all this is the target of the fakers - to make it perfect...
                  The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Based on the type of document on which the signatures appear, I would believe the Hitler and Goering signatures to be printed. It would be rare to find original signatures on documents as relatively minor as these. The Raeder signature I could not comment on as his signature did appear on what some would consider relatively minor documents.
                    Richard V

Comment

Thanks Richard and all,
                      How would I tell, because if they were real I would like to have them. Is about$600 a good price for real signatures? What are the docs for?
                      Best Wishes, Sal

Comment

Sal, I would try to look at he signatures under magnification and see if there are any telltale signs that they were signed in ink. Under magnification it should become pretty obvious if they are printed or ink. A Hitler signature for $600 would not be a bad deal and a Goering signature would probably go for close to that price. It would be a little expensive for Raeder. Keep in mind that price is relative. It all depends on how much a collector is willing to pay. I would insist on a return policy for an item priced this high if it was determined that the signature was not original. I can almost assure you that the Hitler and Goering signatures are either autopen or printed based on the documents which they are on.
                        Richard V

Comment

I agree that those signatures on the documents are more than likely printed rather than actual signatures. Back when I was in the work-force, as a member of management, I had my name printed in blue ink on memorandums I issued, & it was done in the printing department with a facsimile of my signature rolled onto the memorandum by usage of what was called a "signature foil", a round cylindrical steel device with my raised signature. You can check if any signatures are actual ink-signatures or printed by using high magnification; you'll easily see if it's printed; & if a real signature, you'll see where the pen has actually 'bitten" into the paper and/or indented it.

Comment

Hi Sal,

The Naval document is a promotion document, I have one exactly the same as the picture above.

As the guys say it is more than likely that the Hitler and Goring signatures are not genuine signature's by the hand. Raeder on the other 'hand' could well be, here's mine the promotion document of mine is dated 1941.

Kind regards,

Marcus
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Marcus, Richard and Bob,
                              I am going to contact this fellow and ask more questions and look under magnification and take more photos. What is a fair price for the Raeder? You guys have been great, thanks again!
                              Sal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X