It normal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It normal...

..to cut photos from Album and sell separately? These are my new arrivals of today. Photos are fixed with glue on black paper, tipycal of '40 photoalbums.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

nice luft drill tunic in pic 1. whats the spade...?pioneer, but no sign of long handle...thanks for sharing. on the subject of cutting up albums-this is a disgusting act of mutilation. unforgivable, but ultimately inevitable in these hard times.

Comment

A couple of really nice photos. You see a lot of albums being stripped and the pictures sold seperately. It happens all the time. Some agree, some do not, but it will never change as long as there are collectors to purchase them.

-Shawn

Comment

I have seen photo albums that have had individual photos cut out because of extensive damage to the album.

Comment

Looking at a lot of photos in a dealer's store, I found out that 25 of them were cut out from the album of a RAD member (can't tell the rank, he was usually behind the lens or in sports outfit...), picturing everyday life in the RAD camp in Pfronten im Allgau, in 1937.

It was clear they were cut out from an album, because they all had bits of black sticking paper in the edges and the "spider web" pattern from the album's paper was impressed on some of them, visible under light, in specific angles... It was a nice lot including portraits, roll calls, mess, drill marches, cleaning work, sports, even a photo of the (then, in 1937) Generalarbeitsfuehrer Hans Baumann in a sports event in the nearby city of Fuessen.

Although I liked them, the main reason I bought them, was that I just couldn't accept that these pieces could be sold seperately and that a piece of history would be further mutilated... I keep them framed now, it may not be something stunning, but I am content, just because I feel I have done my part in keeping them together...

Comment

Sorry but to cut a picture from an album is a real offence to people who preserved the memory for years.If from one side I can well understand the market reasons, from the other side it's like to violate the silence of history.
              We know all that specially on ebay this is a common way to do, there are some very well known german sellers who do this practice.

P.S. Marco, great photos!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X