Unknown winter photograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown winter photograph

I found this photo in a book, can anyone tell me more about this?

Cheers

looks like a re-enactor photo. I could be wrong but it has that "feel". What book is it out of?

Mike

Comment

exactly what I thought - reenactor photo.
      due to the quality of the photo, the focus etc. Seems like a modern camera took it.

Comment

same again has that 'digital' felling about it.

Looks like it has been soften a bit and looks like it has been printed on a jet ink printer

Comment

No, no, it's actually a physical analog photograph! Nothing digital here... I found it in a second hand book, just fell out.

Comment

The hue/ flou might be due to the extreme cold.
            I've seen this more than once and I even have some pictures that feature the same charasteristic hue. Although pictures taken under normal circumstances don't have this hue, some taken in extreme cold do. This is as the cold causes a dense fog, creating a sort of flou effect. This so-called fog is only formed at very cold temperatures, let us say minus 35/40 degrees Celsius.

Any more information on the picture itself?

Comment

hard to tell...

Comment

Sometimes a scan of the reverse of the photo will give a clue!

Comment

It maby taken in the north The men in the phote wear wintercamoflage uniforms with bredbags and y-straps and berjaeger caps.
                  Maby finland..looks like the trees was tipped over by explosive. Karelen? Kaprolat?

If its not a fake photo..the lens behave like a modern wideangel-lens This lenses was not common those days.

Comment

also try backlight it!not a 100% for sure test but it might help! could it be maybe post war takin in the army with german equipment???(just a thought!!)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X