Research Help - German Embassy Paris 1941

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Research Help - German Embassy Paris 1941

I recently learned that my wife's grandmother was a secretary at the German Embassy in Paris from late 1940 through at least 1942.

Her first name was either Olga or Katja (she changed her name at some point). She married a Frenchman by the name of Chaumard around 1941.

After the war, the Frenchman suffered some kind of fate for having collaborated. I'm not sure if it was fatal, but it did end in divorce. Katja/Olga managed to return to work as a secretary at the new German Embassy in PAris after the war, where she met a diplomat by the name of Kruses (who was later trasnferred to the US).

Does anyone know if any documents exist showing the staff of the German Embassy in Paris around the 1941 time period? THe goal is to find this woman's real maiden name so that we can do some ancestry research. And just FYI, Katja/Olga's parents were the children of White Russians from Odessa who were apparently killed by the Reds in 1917 - the children moved to Berlin after the end of WWI.

Many thanks,
    Clive

Anyone have any thoughts on where I might start looking for this info?
    Many thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X