Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grossdeutschland training Gefreiter?

Today i received this nice picture.
    When looking good i noticed the guy has something on his shoulderboards.
    When zooming in with photoshop it looks like "GD", or am i totaly wrong and is it something else?

What do you guys think?

Photo:
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Kriegsmarine

Nice picture! Not Heer, Not "GD"....
    He is a Naval coastal artillery (or other land based) Kriegsmarine soldier.
    That explains the devise on the shoulderstraps (either a shell or crossed anchors devise embroidered on these KM shoulderstraps,
    which lack piping and are pointy at the ends...typical traits for KM)
    Also the "floppy" cap (over-sized crown) is a typical KM style, not seen on Heer schirmmutzen.
    The cap's waffenfarbe is dark green (land based KM troops) or black (fortification troops)
    Another obvious indicator this is a KM man are his great coat anchor buttons.
    Great portrait image!
    Here's such a KM greatcoat from my collection!
    Nick
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 02-19-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks Nick

Those kind of soldiers were stationed in the coastal bunkers near my home town. so thats extra nice!

I looked up the town name that is mentioned on the back, and its a coastal town in upper (north) Germany.
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X