Sutterlin help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sutterlin help?

Discovered this inside an M1912 US map case along with maps and orders of battle right up to 11/11/18. Some really neat stuff! Anytime I think I have a decent grasp on Sutterlin, something like this comes along and Im up against a wall Ive been trying my best to translate this but to no avail. Could anybody help translate this for me?
    Attached Files

Could just help with the first lines:

Bescheinigung
    Mit dem heutigen Tage haben die amerikanischen Truppen - INfanterie Nr. 129 - unsere Ortschaft verlassen.

Schöffe
    XY

(Statement - at this very day the US troops - infanterei nr. 129 - have left our village............ Schöffe (helper of the judge)

Comment

Mit dem heutigen Tage haben die Amerikanischen Truppen (Infanterie Nr. 29) unsere Ortschaft verlassen.
      Durch Ihr gutes Benehmen ist keinerlei Klage von den hiesigen Einwohnern laut geworden.

Today the American troops (belonging to the 29th Infantry) left our village.

Because of their good conduct no complaint was made by the people of our town.
      Last edited by naxos; 02-14-2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

fantastic! Much appreciated gents

Comment

LordWinter

Biwer is a small village in the Grand Dutchy of Luxemburg, Kanton/Distrikt of Grevenmacher.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X