Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some paper items

Hello forum...

I just got this stuff in the mail... and was wondering if someone could tell me what this stuff is, and a sense of value.

A friend of mine wants to do some trading this weekend.

There are about 15 or so pages of blank paper from what appears to be from a Political leaders office in Salzburg, Austria?

I guess the American GI just grabbed a few pages of each as a souvenir.

Any idea who this official could be?

There were other paper items from his service in Italy... but... nothing special.

thank you... Robert

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

misc lot
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting story of Gau Scheel here...http://www.psywar.org/postcards.php

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm View Post
                    Interesting story of Gau Scheel here...http://www.psywar.org/postcards.php

"Before the war, Scheel (1901-1979) was a physician, but in 1940 he became police chief in Alsace. During 1941-1942, he was senior SS and Police Leader WK. XVIII. In 1941, he was appointed Gaulieter of Salzburg, a post he retained until 1945. Given the rank of SS Obergruppenführer on August 1, 1944, Scheel also held the title of "Reichsstudentenführer" (Leader of the Reich Students League). Although he was little known outside of Germany, Scheel was among those named by Hitler to lead Germany after his death. On a list of appointments prepared by the Führer just prior to his suicide, Scheel was designated minister of culture. After the war, he was sentenced to five years' imprisonment. Dr. Scheel later returned to medical practice."

Thanks for the awesome info.

Looks like these blank pieces of paper came from Dr. Scheel's office/headquarters in Salzburg.

I hope he doesn't want the stuff back

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X