Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler pre-war rally?

Hi all.

I was recently asked to look through a collection of photos owned by a friend of mine. They mainly consisted of shots taken immediately after the liberation of Jersey, Channel Islands from German occupation on May 9th, 1945.

The photographs had been owned by his father who had been a Police Officer in the local force post-war. He had come by them purely by accident. He had been involved in the search of a house just after a serious crime and whilst looking under some floor boards found a box containing the collection. Why it had been put there I do not know! Against all the rules he kept them.

Most of the shots are of happy crowds and German personnel. However, a number of shots were of Adolf Hitler and other Nazi figures at a pre-war (?) rally.

I have added four photos below. There are more but I was unable to scan them all at the time. My questions are; are these known photographs, has anyone seen them before, who are the other personalities and where were they taken?

If I can I will ask for the collection again and take some time scanning all those of interest.

Cheers.

On 1st photo behind A.H. is his adjutant SS brigadefuehrer Julius Schaub.
    On 2nd photo sits behind A.H. bodyguard usually it was Karl Krause.
    Driver is fat...so it must be Julius Schreck.
    And on 4th photo is head of Hitlerjugend reichsleiter Baldur von Schirach.
    Please post more...if you can.
    Michal

Comment

def pre war....id guess at 1934.....driver could be sepp dietrich
      Last edited by karlo; 02-09-2009, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Yes, they are a interesting photos of pre-war time.

Comment

If you we can get a close look at AH's hat some one might be able to date it a little better as he changed coackades over the years from none in the early years to an eagle and then then military cockade if I am not mistaken

Comment

Nice pictures. Driver does look like Dietrich. Did he drive Hitler at this time?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X