Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is his function and rank?

hello,

Here I have a photo of a soldier of who I wonder what is does exactly within the army, the little emblem in the middle reminds me of the Wehrmannschaft, which has to do with the SA I think, but this man only joined in 1941 as a normal Wehrmacht obergefreiter...
    Furthermore he has on his helmet (unfortunately I don't have the photo here) the decal with a sort of low castle with two towers??? I don't know If anyone of you knows this decal and where it stands for??

wFg,
    Rémy

They look like SA tabs

Comment

Do you mean this? SA Feldherrnhalle, Sean
      Attached Files

Comment

SA Mann Feldherrnhalle
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
          when indeed it is indeed SA, wonder how this came to be because I always tought that the SA was closed done as an organisation before the real war?
          Furthermore this man has always faught at the Eastern front, but isn't the Sa more of a show-group instead of a military group?
          And does the neckplate mean that he was part of the police?
          Anyhow I heard of him being part of some kind of Wacht??
          And the decal isn't the one mentioned above.
          but really a big basic of a castle (from one side to the other side of the decal) at the bottom end, with two small towers on top of that basis, I think the decalcolor being yellow or another light color.

Comment

See here Reca: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=266337

IX. SA Feldherrnhalle 1. Sturm in April 1944

Last edited by naxos; 02-09-2009, 12:32 AM.

Comment

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=3088 I think you will find this interesting, i have no idea regarding the castle decal you mention, a picture paints a thousand wordsas they say, Sean

Comment

yes, I will post it as fast as I can get my hands on it.
                but this man died in unemyjsa, estland (a city that I can't find on google maps) on
                23 March 1944, could anyone conclude out of that in what part of that feldhernnhallehe was (panzer or the grenadier part) or a place where that can be found.

Furthermore one other question, in a later picture he has a cord around his tab (and two stripes on the tab) but where stands the cord for?

Comment

Originally posted by Reca View Post
                  yes, I will post it as fast as I can get my hands on it.
                  but this man died in unemyjsa, estland (a city that I can't find on google maps) on
                  23 March 1944, could anyone conclude out of that in what part of that feldhernnhallehe was (panzer or the grenadier part) or a place where that can be found.

Furthermore one other question, in a later picture he has a cord around his tab (and two stripes on the tab) but where stands the cord for?
                  June 1943 Feldherrnhalle raised to Panzergrenadier Division strength and fought on the eastern front and badly mauled, disbanded in July 1944.
                  Two stripes on left tab is Rottenfuhrer and the piping around the collar was regulation for all "other ranks" since 1939/40 piped in white, Sean

Comment

hello,

one last question;
                    I saw that rottenfuhrer the equivalent of obergefreiter was, but what is de SA equivalent of unteroffizier, and why would his rank (being part of SA feldhernnhalle) on a remembrance card been written as unteroffizier rather than as the SA equivalent?

Comment

[QUOTE=Reca;3084266]hello,

one last question;
                      what is de SA equivalent of unteroffizier = Unterscharführer

, and why would his rank (being part of SA feldhernnhalle) on a remembrance card been written as unteroffizier rather than as the SA equivalent?

Because he was transferred from or to Wehrmacht/Luftwaffe and therefore he had the rank of Unteroffizier

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X