Hitler @ The West Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler @ The West Wall

Here are a few photos out of my Grandpapas photo box he had for his service during the war. I'm trying to get them into an album set up.
    These 3 are of Hitler and Officers inspecting the Atlantic Wall a few months before D day according to what he told me.

Joe
    Attached Files

Hitler Leaving Bunker
    Attached Files

Comment

Close Up
      Attached Files

Comment

The first one shows Hess, so it cannot be just before D-Day as he was in British custody from May 1941.
        Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
          The first one shows Hess, so it cannot be just before D-Day as he was in British custody from May 1941.

Max.
          Now that you point that out I see, I never even relized it was Hess (so use to seeing him in Brown Shirt).. Grandpapa suffered heavy wounds including his head while in Russia so I know his memory was not all there when I knew him. He died when I was 13 and I'm 45 now.
          I tried to get as much info as I could from him before he passed. It was strange to have family fight on both sides durning WW2 and hear thier stories.

Joe

Comment

Hitler West Wall

Nice pics,the Navy Officer looks like Konteradmiral
            Friedrich-Wilhelm Fleischer.Max is right no way pre 44
            Harmel

Comment

[QUOTE=harmel;3073538]Nice pics,the Navy Officer looks like Konteradmiral
              Friedrich-Wilhelm Fleischer.Max is right no way pre 44
              Harmel
              .[/QUOTE
              Thank you ..Ok then here's the next question the to clear up this mystery. When did this take place then?

Joe

Comment

Karl Bodenschatz is on 2nd (in the middle) and 3rd photo.
                Michal

Comment

Well done Alex. Spot on it was then VzAdm F-W Fleischer with his KM dagger as MBH Kanalküste showing the boss around town. Looking from the clothing, this was in late 40 as Fleischer went on to become MBH B/Black Sea in preparation for Barbarossa by Feb 41.

BTW, the West Wall is very far away from the Atlantic Wall. Not sure the Atlantic Wall was being built yet!!

Cheers
                  Elwyn

Comment

Originally posted by Elwyn View Post
                    Well done Alex. Spot on it was then VzAdm F-W Fleischer with his KM dagger as MBH Kanalküste showing the boss around town. Looking from the clothing, this was in late 40 as Fleischer went on to become MBH B/Black Sea in preparation for Barbarossa by Feb 41.

BTW, the West Wall is very far away from the Atlantic Wall. Not sure the Atlantic Wall was being built yet!!

Cheers
                    Elwyn
                    It moght just be the West Wall as I mentioned I'm reling on information from my memory that was told to me over 30 yrs ago and his mind did wonder from time to time.
                    Joe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X