Keitel signature ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keitel signature ?

Hi I just picked up a EK2 award document signed by a Keitel my question is would this be signed by Field Marshall Keitel did he sign these or did he have a relative or was there another Keitel who may have signed this, I suppose this may be a common surname but I thought you would have to be high up to sign these docs.?

The document itself has been torn and re-taped back together but the signature is intact, what would this signaure be worth if it is the Field Marshall ?

I will post a pic t'mow.

Thanks.

When we see the doc we'll know if it was Wilhelm or his brother Bodewin.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Here's a pic of the document and signature, I know it's very badly damaged but the signautre is in good condition.
      Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately, the sig is Bodewin.
        Best Regards

Comment

Is his signature worth anything, considering the damage to the document ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
            Is his signature worth anything, considering the damage to the document ?

Thanks.
            I'm thinking that unless you find somebody interested in that particular unit, most people aren't going to want a document in that bad a shape.

That being said, I still believe it's worth having, as it's a testament to one man's bravery in a difficult time. It still has worth, just not necessarily great monetary worth.

EDIT: It's also not every day you see EK docs made out to RAD men...

best
            Hank
            Last edited by Hank Cummings; 01-20-2009, 06:09 AM. Reason: more info
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

As Hank rightly points out, EK awards to members of the RAD are not common and that's where the interest will be for this doc. The terrible condition though is going to have a major effect on value.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Cheers guys appreciate the input, I know unfortunately the condition is very bad.

Comment

definately a rare RAD EKII document its a shame its in that condition

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X