Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translation and signature help with this document

Hello folks,
    Can anyone read the signature? Plus I need some help in deciphering everything.

Many thanks.
    Jody
    Attached Files

Jody

Disciplinary document that clears Oberfeldwebel Robert Bones for being 3 hours late in returning from an approved leave, due to circumstances that were out of his control and not his fault. It was felt that no further action was necessary.

Probably like a written warning to go in his personel file by the head Doctor, Dr. Rothkeppel

Comment

Document

Originally posted by deradler1 View Post
      Jody

Disciplinary document that clears Oberfeldwebel Robert Bones for being 3 hours late in returning from an approved leave, due to circumstances that were out of his control and not his fault. It was felt that no further action was necessary.

Probably like a written warning to go in his personel file by the head Doctor, Dr. Rothkeppel
      Hello,
      Thank you, I thought it had to do something with discipline, I just was not sure.

Regards,
      Jody

Comment

Originally posted by deradler1 View Post
        Jody

Actually, Oberfeldwebel Benz was not really cleared; he received an einfacher Verweis [= roughly "ordinary reprimand"], which was the mildest form of non-judicial disciplinary punishment. It consisted of the superior pronouncing the reprimand to the offender and an entry into the relevant personnel files.

In the case on hand, the superior officer Dr. Rothkeppel considered the einfacher Verweis as sufficient punishment because Oberfeldwebel Benz' conduct up to that point had always been blameless and because the reason for his late return was some kind of quarrel in which he became involved without any fault of his own.

(The next level of punishment would have been a strenger Verweis [= roughly "severe reprimand"])
        Last edited by HPL2008; 01-18-2009, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Major Hochstettar Translation

I though it said;

"Vee Have vays of making you talk, you vill be tried, shot, and then sent to the Russian frunt!"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X