EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Hilfskreuzer (Auxiliary Cruiser) photos out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Komet--Unknown ship. Anyone have an idea what ship?
    Attached Files

Comment

Komet and Orion
      Attached Files

Comment

Komet with Orion again (??) Not sure here... any help?
        Attached Files

Comment

Kriegberichter photo from 2.12.1940 from PK-Richleske. It says it is a "man overboard" drill aboard a Hilfskreuzer....Does anyone have any idea what ship it could be? I have no record of a Richleske --but my data is woefully incomplete for about 4 of the ships.
          Attached Files

Comment

Komet 2nd Voyage???
            Attached Files

Comment

Hilfskreuzer

Hey Joe,

I was just looking over the awesome HK pictures you posted last weekend and I have a question. Any idea about the boat being lifted in post #41? You have it as a photo from the Komet, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Stier and the Michel were the only two HK's that carried the small Schnellboot. Did Komet have one as well even though she was so small?

Thanks

Comment

John and Joe, thank you for sharing the terrific pictures. I became more and more intrigued with German auxiliary cruisers.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Stier and the Michel were the only two HK's that carried the small Schnellboot.
                The Leichte Schnellboote were loaded aboard the 3 auxiliary cruisers (Komet, Michel and Kormoran). The boat of the picture #41 is LS-2 of the Komet.

Comment

Hilfskreuzer

No problem Haruki, but don't forget Martin and his great photos too.

Thanks for the info on the 3rd Leichte Schnellboot on the Komet

Comment

I'm sorry, Martin, I should have attended to the poster name of each pictures.

Here is the picture of the Kormoran that meets the RKT Schulz's U-124 and
                    the Heavy Cruiser Admiral Scheer in the Atlantic Ocean, Mar 1941.

Comment

Hilfskreuzer

Very nice Haruki, thanks for posting that picture.

That must have been quite an experience for those guys to float around in the same spot in the middle of the ocean while supplies and stories are shared.

But who took the picture and what vessel were they on?

Comment

Originally posted by Torpedomaat View Post
                        I'm sorry, Martin, I should have attended to the poster name of each pictures.

Here is the picture of the Kormoran that meets the RKT Schulz's U-124 and
                        the Heavy Cruiser Admiral Scheer in the Atlantic Ocean, Mar 1941.

Haruki,

What an amazing photo. If you would, bring it over here:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=36215

Thank you.

William Kramer
                        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X