Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egad another Leica hear out there.

And right of course on both points.

I use to know quite well the senior Leica repair guy here in Canada. I remember him telling me once one of the main fixed he use to do to to press types was to bend the knob on Elmars, so they were easier to focus.

Later on when he was reconditioning III in the 60s and 70s one of his main jobs was bending them back or replacing bent ones.

As most III have been collectors items for over 30years now I would guess you would hard pressed to find an original 'press' style one about.

The one I owned came with a Elmar like that.

Here is the other Trivia for today where did the 'M' come from?

Should be easy enough.

Comment

Hello, If I may tag along on this thread. Here is a Kine-Exakta camera I have owned since the early 1960s and was given to me by my Grandmother. It was brought home by my uncle back then. I believe this to be a late 1930s type 2 model. Has anyone ever seen this type in use by the Military, photos? Best, Bill Bourque
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice Exakta - especially with the Xenon lens! I can just barely make out its serial number. If what I read is correct and the lens is original to the camera then it dates to approximately 1938. What condition is the mirror like? I have several but unfortunately the mirrors are scratched and/or faded.
            I do not have any images that show an Exakta being used either before or during the war. If anyone has any, I'd certainly like to see them!
            Thanks for sharing your "treasure"!

seekwhence

Comment

Hello, thank you for your responce. Im not well versed in evaluating the mirror. Its appears very clean and sharp no fading or scratches. Everything functions and the only corrosion is whats on the front. The lens # is No1400907. As far as I know it hasnt been used since the late 1940s. In fine condition considering my 5 younger brothers and myself played with in the 60s. Best, Bill

Comment

So what is a ballpark figure for one of these older cameras? Are they expensive or hard to find. I know thier current models aren't cheap, but are highly regarded.

Comment

Here is an postcard photo of a very famous camera and it's very famous owner!
                  Attached Files

Comment

...and a close-up of his Leica.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X