No announcement yet.

SS docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going thru my Fake Documents I came across 3 versions of the SS ID card.

The greenish one is from around the mid to late 1970s, the Goldenrod is from the 1980s to current and the cream one is what I've been seeing in the 2000s

So be careful, if the greenish one did'nt have the stamps and I had a old photo and good penmenship

Joe
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The orange colored one is the one that got me into collecting even when i found out it was a fake that just pushed me to learn more about this stuff

Comment

I do indeed get a laugh out of the initial (mis)spellling of "SS Unterscharfahrer" (which the faker then went back and attemped to correct - Opps !!!). The "A" key is a long way away from the "U" key on any typewriter (The "authorization" (??) stamp on the photo is also real dandy !!)

If you missed my thread in the ID section about another repro SS Auweis on the market, here it is:

http://www.militaria321.com/auktions...tionID=5544313

"Hundestaffel"
          Last edited by Hundestaffel; 03-03-2009, 09:03 AM.

Comment

That photo is of a real amateur . He's wearing an Allg.SS tunic without collar piping , a fake collarpatch and 2 shoulderboards !

Comment

Good God.

There's so much horribly wrong with every single Ausweis posted in this thread that I think it would be easier to state what's correct about them... which is basically nothing!

I am truly astonished by the great lengths some people will go to fake something just to show they know absolutely nothing about the item they are attempting to forge.

Also, as far as re-enacting is concerned, these particular Ausweis were not meant to be personal identity cards carried on your person, they were kept in the Soldier's personal file. If you were dreaming of being pre-war SS-VT then a oilcloth SS-Truppenausweis would have been appropriate; a Soldbuch if you were shooting for September 1939 on... or did you have your own SS file, too Even if you did somehow manage to have this Ausweis on you, upon being stopped for a security check the imaginary Feldgendarmerie would have had you summarily executed for carrying such a horribly forged document

Rob
              Last edited by Rob Johnson; 03-03-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

[quote=HPL2008;3025557]As a native speaker of German,
                Hi ,
                Can you also read wartime handwritting? I ask because in my thread'' my new group'' posted uner the ss section.i posted some letters and nobody could help me read them.
                Thanks Merdock

Comment

[QUOTE=merdock;3122808]
                  Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
                  As a native speaker of German,
                  Hi ,
                  Can you also read wartime handwritting? I ask because in my thread'' my new group'' posted uner the ss section.i posted some letters and nobody could help me read them.
                  Thanks Merdock
                  Sorry; but I am terribly bad at decyphering Sütterlin and even the kind of watered-down semi-Sütterlin in which these letters are written. Some words I can figure out, others not... Not good enough for even a rough translation, I am afraid.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X