Translation help, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translation help, please.

I have had the 1933 'Reichstagung in Nurnberg' book for some time but could never make out the hand-written dedication on the fly leaf.

Could one of our German-speaking colleagues please help and translate this for me?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by wessel View Post
    I have had the 1933 'Reichstagung in Nurnberg' book for some time but could never make out the hand-written dedication on the fly leaf.

Could one of our German-speaking colleagues please help and translate this for me?

Thanks
    Would it be possible for you to scan the book at high res, I can quite read it properly from the photograph alone.

Comment

The German text as far as I could read it:

Solltest Du das Buch lesen, so bedenke bitte, dass auch mit logischen Mitteln Recht zu Unrecht gemacht werden kann, und dass scheußliche Verbrechen der Raub der Freiheit mit demagogischen Zeugnissen hier gerechtfertigt wird. Dieses Buch.....der Verzerrung... als unwahr hin und umgekehrt.
      Bitte bedenke dies.
      Dein Wilhelm ...

If you should read this book, please remember that als with logical methods right can be turned into wrong the horrible crime of stealing the freedom with demagogic evidences will be justified here.
      This book ...distort...as false and opposite.
      Please, remember this.
      Yours
      Wilhelm...

Gerdan

Comment

Simno..thanks, but I cannot seem to be able to reduce the scanned photo to within the required size for posting!!

Gerdan...Thanks very much. Clearly not a period dedication!!

These 1933-45 books are great for their photographic information, even if my foreign language skills are nil!

Comment

Even the second title (handwritten) : Auftakt zum Verbrechen - Prelude to the crime

shows that the book was dedikated after WWII to a younger person.

The photos are excellent, for sure.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X