Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totenkopf album

Hi,
    Over Christmas i was given a family photo album of a great uncle who was with the THEODOR EICKE regiment of 3rd SS Panzer Div (Totenkopf). He was awarded the black wound badge and EK2, both of which are photographed in the album. It covers France and Russia, up till his death in Roumania in 1944. All the photos are from his private camera (and have never before been published), and these include snaps of his training, life on teh road and so on etc. Is this rare? In any case, if i post a snap of the iron cross picture, can anyone shed any light on what make it is?
    Andy M

Originally posted by AndyMac View Post
    Hi,
    Over Christmas i was given a family photo album of a great uncle who was with the THEODOR EICKE regiment of 3rd SS Panzer Div (Totenkopf). He was awarded the black wound badge and EK2, both of which are photographed in the album. It covers France and Russia, up till his death in Roumania in 1944. All the photos are from his private camera (and have never before been published), and these include snaps of his training, life on teh road and so on etc. Is this rare? In any case, if i post a snap of the iron cross picture, can anyone shed any light on what make it is?
    Andy M
    An TE album would be highly desired by photo collectors, and the more interesting the photo's the more prized they would be ie: clear shots of unit marking. arms and Armour, cufftitles, camo/uniform/field equipment etc:. Check with the lads over on the photo forum and they can give you some idea of an appriasal. Hope this helps and welcome to Waf..

Comment

You might want to start a thread in the Photos and Paper Items forum... As said before, it would be a very rare photo album. Whatever happens please don't separate the photos!!!!!

Comment

To "Photos and Paper" it goes.
        George

Comment

pictures would help

Comment

Andy ; by all means pics.... and please watermark them so some scumboogers don't download them and resell the images !.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X