Gold Wound Badge document: good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Wound Badge document: good?

I have this GWB document in my collection. I think it is OK but would like to know what the experts feel

cheers

dave
    Attached Files

Hmm, tough call for me...the odd folding could be a red flag, as normally docs will be halved or quartered.

Other than that, I like it. Somebody acquainted with Luftwaffe units could probably tell you if the unit/stamp match and make sense.

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
      Hmm, tough call for me...the odd folding could be a red flag, as normally docs will be halved or quartered.

Other than that, I like it. Somebody acquainted with Luftwaffe units could probably tell you if the unit/stamp match and make sense.

best
      Hank
      thanks Hank

yes it was folded up when i got it; it came with the wound badge which imo is a good one.

lets see what others say

cheers

Dave

Comment

Off the face of it i can see nothing wrong. The unit and where it was located is correct, the length of time between being wounded until being reassigned to a desk job is OK. Hapel though was not a regular officer, nor held any high decoration. Worthy of further research.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks Simon

Not really sure where to start when doing research on this so any tips appreciated

cheers

dave

Comment

Hi Dave

I'm not at home other wise i might of been able to point you to some helpfull links, Its a nice Doc congrats

I think there has been another fold added not to long ago?

Comment

Dave

The quickest thing to do would be to ask about this Major Hapel over on the Axis History Forum. Larry de Zeng would be the guy to ask here but he's stopped posting.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks guys

Justin: yes i think there might be a more recent fold in it

Simon: thanks for the tip

have a great Christmas guys

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X