Photo album opinium - specially adressed to the forum German members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo album opinium - specially adressed to the forum German members

I have been watching the different albums that has been offered on Ebay and other online over a number of years. And I do have over 200.

This configuration have I never seen before. And is something I either have seen before. If you skip the photos and turn to the souvernir photos that is put into the album you'll notice something veird. The caption is clearly copied from the back side of the cards. But - the way it's put would give no meaning to a german speaking person. Since some parts of it is in German and some in Danish.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...586%26_fvi%3D1

There are nearly no caption on the other photos, and this makes me think this is put together years after the war, and maybe not a long time ago.

This is not the first I have seen, done in the same way. Why mix german and danish. Or German and Norwegian?
    Over 30.000 photos from German photo albums, related to Norway

Always looking for photos and photo albums from Norway.

Hi Tor,

That photo-album is very - very clean, and seems to be in un-used condition other then that there are photos put in it and here and there something is written, so it looks to be done after the war, but who knows for sure.

At the back of the album you can see a paper that shows numbers and a text saying what is on the bought photo-set.

It is not strange that the text is not german, many names/places/buildings etc aren't that easy to translate to german and often the men did just prefer the original names.

I do have an uboat photo-album and from the bought photo-sets the man copied the french text from the back to write it under the pics in his album, so seeing such things is nothing new for me.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

I agree with Eric-Jan,

also have a look at the details: He writes "Kopenhagen". If he was Danish I am sure he would have written København instead of using the German form. He also uses the terms Universität (German) instead of Universitet (Danish) and "m." or "mit" (with) instead of Danish "ved"... So very likely the whole album has been inscribed by a speaker of German.

gk

Comment

The origin of the owner/writer of the German text is really a German, without any doubts.
        Gerdan

Comment

Thank you for your answers.

I have never seen it put this way before.
          Like writing Trondheim and Drontheim, wich is the same town.
          Over 30.000 photos from German photo albums, related to Norway

Always looking for photos and photo albums from Norway.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X