Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Unit ID

Hi

Trying to ID this unit. There are several options to do with the G but I have not seen the two circles under a G before.

The text on the back makes reference to Oral in 42 and to the XLVII Panzer Korps, also dated in winter 42. Minsk is also mentioned.

The truck also has LdNz on the side.

LdNz means?

Any ideas.

Cheers

Karl
    Attached Files

2 Panzer Division used the two "dots" in 1939 - 1940. Alan

Comment

Does the second vehicle bear the organisational symbol of a Panzer-Nachrichten-Kompanie on the right fender?

Jason

Comment

Hi

Here is a better shot of the fender unit markings. A number 2 while the other looks to be a 1.

The number underneath is 802

Cheers

Karl
        Attached Files

Comment

It's not 2 Pz Div

While 2 Pz Div did use two discs as a formation sign this isn't their emblem.
          It's the Truppenkennzeichen of Panzergruppen Nachrichten-Regiment 2, or after December 1941, Panzerarmee Nachrichten-Regiment 2.

Comment

Thanks for the ID guys.

Cheers

Karl

Comment

Great Richard, I had guessed that two discs were the Truppenkennzeichen for Panzergruppe 2 / 2. Panzerarmee. Do you have evidence (photographically or documentary) that it was solely used by their Nachrichtentruppe?

Comment

Hello Akira
                I'm afraid I've nothing definitive. The ID's based on the fact that almost all the photos showing this sign,where a tac sign is also visible, are on Nachrichtentruppen vehicles or it's shown on direction signs with a signals connection. I wish I could be more exact but...

Cheers

RW

Comment

Thanks Richard!

I have an album (sadly without any documentation) from the same unit. He was from 1.Kompanie.

You can see that two discs were not necessarily accompanied by a "G". Another photo shows the same (without "G") on the rear of the vehicle.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This could also be more interesting - opinions are appreciated.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X