Who Are These KM Guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Are These KM Guys?

Another nice one from a recent pickup of larger shots. This one is a little less than 9 inches by 6 and a half. It's a sweet picture, not in mint shape, but nice. My question is. What type of unit is this? I believe I have heard of them before, but can't remember the name. What was their function?
    Attached Files

Well they're Reichsmarine rather than Kriegsmarine. Possibly a ships landing party but if you can get a close up of the cap tally you may be able to identify their ship or unit.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks Simon, that's the term I was looking for. So what's the difference? They are still KM members right? As fdor the cap tally, they are very blurry and unreadable, even in hand with a loop.

Comment

Hi Steve, see here about the Reichsmarine. I know you will kick yourself once you read it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichsmarine

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
          Hi Steve, see here about the Reichsmarine. I know you will kick yourself once you read it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichsmarine

Cheers, Ade.
          Ok, it all makes sense now. I never really put two and two together. This helps put some information with this great (at least I like it) picture.

Comment

It looks like the second word on the cap tally of the man on the right begins with SC(and then possibly Y), if that is of any help.

There is a list of Reichsmarine ships here... www.feldgrau.com/rkms.html

Obviously there is also the possibility that these don't belong to a ship but to a naval shore unit, and judging by the white uniforms based somewhere in the tropics.
            Last edited by hucks216; 10-25-2008, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campbell View Post
              Thanks Simon, that's the term I was looking for. So what's the difference? They are still KM members right? As fdor the cap tally, they are very blurry and unreadable, even in hand with a loop.
              How are your scanning skills? If you know how to do it, try scanning just the cap of the guy on the right in 600 or 1200Dpi, much better than a loop.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X