Fake Kriegsmarine Heldentod Document?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Kriegsmarine Heldentod Document?

I was looking at this document but some intial research indicates that it is a fake. The lack of the Iron Cross half way down the border was noted and the words Heldentod in the script are also missing.

Does anyone know if there is only one version of this or are there several variations as with a lot of award documents.

Would welcome any feedback

Regards
    Rob
    Attached Files
    Regards, Rob
    Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

I'm only familiar with those sent to the families of crewmen from the Tirpitz and Scharnhorst and am no expert but without digging further there are two things which raise an eyebrow on a first look. First the rank, from the scan it looks to me like 'Unterwasserhorcher' ? that's not a rank as far as i know. Second the name doesn't show in the volksbund database, not even close.

Any idea as to the stamp and who signed it?

Simon
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

A good one...
      Attached Files
      Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Simon,

No clear information on the stamp but signiture is supposed to be original Rosing in ink, signed Aug 1944. Name is Walter Schuntmannate and date of "death" at top is 28.9.42. You are correct Unterwasserhorcher is the "rank" given

As an aside due you have the crew lists for Tirpitz, Scharnhorst and Graf Spee. I have some items from these and it would be interesting to track some names down. Also can you explain a bit more about the volksbund database and where I can accesss this. Do you have a fulll copy

Regards
        Rob
        Regards, Rob
        Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

heldentodt

Hi Rob.

Here´s a similar document in blanco. It´s definitly a fake.
          The other two are fakes as well and come from the same
          source. Note the smeared swastica on the u-boot doc.

Regards
          Peter
          Attached Files

Comment

Rob
            The volksbund database is a great research tool, here's the link Volksbund

I'm afraid i don't have the crew lists for Tirpitz, Scharnhorst or Graf Spee but i'd be very interested to hear what you have on the first two and i may be able to fill out some more info for you. Please feel free to PM me.

Regards

Simon
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X