RAD Unit Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAD Unit Numbers

I have a number of RAD portraits, and I noticed that many of them show an arm shield with a number on it. I'm assuming these are unit numbers of some sort. What's the deal? Has anyone ever figured out how many of these are and has there ever been a thread showing all the numbers? Could be fun.

steve heres a thread we have going in the research forum,ive been working on my lists for a long time,searching period books,photos.US goverment archives etc ,there is no printed complete list of RAD units/locations etc http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=241268

Comment

Thanks Yancy. I'm going to check that thread out. meanwhile, has anyone ever started a thread showing these unit numbers in wear in portraits to see how many we can post? I'm willing to get in on that. I'm willing to bet someone is collecting portraits trying to get as many as possible. Wonder which ones are rarest?

Comment

i keep an ongoing lists of all the RAD units i get when i get new photos. i update the list and catalog them so i can find them easier later.

Comment

Hi Yancy

This is a little off-topic but I have this pic of a truck that has a symbol on it that I think is RAD related.

It has an acorn in the center of the swaztika.

Is it RAD related and if so what unit does it represent?

Cheers
          Larry
          Attached Files

Comment

That's it, I'm starting a thread!

Comment

Larrister,that is a RAD truck thats a RAD man wearing work cloths with a standard EM overseas cap,its a spade with wheat in the center of the swastika!ive got several photos of RAD trucks in my RAD photo collection,yours has a blank unit shield painted on it,sometimes they have the unit number painted in the shield.

Comment

Thanks Yancy.

One reason for the question was there's a photo of the same adler and swaztika symbol in the "unidentified emblems" section on the www.wwiidaybyday.com site.
                I thought it may have belonged to a specific unit.

Cheers
                Larry

Comment

i just looked at the site ,thats a RAD field kitchen,ive seen them painted with different style insignia,like the trucks,sometimes with a unit shield style spade with the unit number painted on it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X