Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CCC award document addition

Hi guys,

Just wanted to show off my latest CCC award document addition to the collection. Its a very basic, but uncommon variant of of document. I have a few questions though:

Could the signature be Konrad Haase? He is not listed as a Regimental Kommandeur of GR 11, but he is listed as the Regimental Kommandeur of IR 11 from 1934 to 1939. I am not sure its the same guy though, as he is listed as an Oberst back in 1939, but the doc signature is an Oberstlt in 1944.

Thanks guys.

Tom
    Attached Files
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

You're thinking of the wrong regiment Tom, don't confuse Infanterie later renamed Grenadier Regiment 11 (mot) with Panzergrenadier Regiment 11. The name i think reads Haass, whilst i'm not sure who commanded Pz.Gr.Rgt.11 in nov.44 there was a panzergrenadier oberstleutnant by the name of Haass in the army.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon,

Thanks very much for the info. I was searching on Lexicon, but could not find "PanzerGrenadier", only Infaterie and Grenedier options. When I found Grenadier Regiment 11, it said "motorized" next to it, which I assumed was the "panzer" part of it and made sense to me. So, is there a way to search the real PanzerGrenadier regiments on Lexicon as well?

Now that you mention it, looking at the signature again, I think you may be right that it reads Haass (the two ss being in the german writing of uppercase "B"). That would make sense and its quite possible that this is the Haass you speak of if he was in the Panzergrenadiers.

Thanks for the help Simon.

Tom
      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi Thomas, I think this Regiment was part of 14th Panzer Grenadier Division if that helps any, sorry don't have my books at hand just now to look up possible commander names.
        C

Comment

Colin

The 11 Panzergrenadier Regiment was part of the 9 Panzer Division. There was no such thing as the 14 panzergrenadier division.

Tom

Look under 'Schnelle truppen'

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...lleTruppen.htm
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hitler's legions cannot be trusted on its own. it's a very rough general work with a lot of errors and has long been superceded by more authorative works. I do still use it now and again as it can be useful for getting divisional commander's names.

What you see there is the 14 Infanterie Division, it was planned to convert it to a panzergrenadier division but it never happened and was infact 'reduced' from being a motorised division to being a regular non-motorised division.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...ionen/14ID.htm
              Last edited by Simon O.; 09-29-2008, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Ok, I assume the website is more accurate, sorry for the wrong info even if it was in good faith.
                C

Comment

The link to the Lexikon is only there because it's the quickest reliable reference i can give you that won't cost you time or money. I could also refer you to Tessin, Nafziger, Schmitz and Thies et al. and Scherzer's very useful site that includes downloadable pdfs on a series of divisions including the 14th. http://www.wehrmachtdivisionen.de/index_divisionen.html

Comment

Show more from the group, or only arrives the CCCiB citation?

Angel
                    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Thanks Simon and Colin .

Angel, sadly, the document is all by itself, no grouping

Tom

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X