• Show
Clear All

pic46
    Attached Files

Comment

last one
      Attached Files

Comment

thats the whole album let me know what you think!!

Comment

an excellent album, a treasure in a very good state, is not easy putting a price. To calculate the total price It would have to calculate the price photo per photo, and we are talking about pictures of Hitler, Waffen SS and numerous personalities of the III Reich time.
          would be sad to sell the album divided.

Greetings

Comment

Evan -

Having owned this item at one time, I can tell you that it is worth far more than $1500...I bought it for $4000 back in 2004.

The album is a fantastic piece of early LAH history and belonged to one of the member of Hitler's guard. This soldier served as part of the 'Honorguard' for Hitler at the 'old' Reichskanzlei, later moving to the Berghof. There are many great photos from the swearing in at ceremony on the night of 9-10 November, 1936 with Hitler, Himmler, and Goebbels at the Feldhernhalle to some nice shots of Dietrich, to more personality shots taken at the Berghof, to the well-known LAH awards ceremony with Dietrich taken after the French campaign in 1940.

The album is a great record of one mans service as part of Hitler's 'Honor guard' and is also a great photo record of many early LAH uniforms and insignia. In fact, Mike Beaver used around 6-10 photos from this album for his 3 volume series.

Good Luck!
            John

Comment

Superb album! If you know the right collectors, you could easily sell it for 5000$ +. Is it yours?? (becouse of all the denazified clothing etc)

MvG,

J-W

Comment

yes its mine. and what do you mean by denazified clothing???

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tZ View Post
                  Superb album! If you know the right collectors, you could easily sell it for 5000$ +. Is it yours?? (becouse of all the denazified clothing etc)

MvG,

J-W
                  Just my .02 cents - $4000 seems like an awful lot of money for this album... IMHO even $4K is a bit of a stretch (no offense, John!)

It's a very nice album with some great photos, but I've seen some nicer, more desirable albums sell for less. $5k is just... Well,

Rob

Comment

i have been offered an ss album with hitler pics in,but some of the pics were for general sale to the public ,i saw 1 in your album thats also in the 1 i was offered does this affect the value if they are not personal pics or not ? cheers dave

Comment

Published photos certainly don't command the same levels as private ones.

I suggest Bl!tZ<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2862504", true); </SCRIPT> pays up the usd 5,000 and then everyone will be happy

Comment

well im starting it at 4750 and i am open to offers so we can see where it goes from there!

Comment

Not all the photos in this album are private photos. The one of Hitler with the girl was sold individually by a dealer a while back. It would be interesting to determine how many of the higher end (personality) photos were unique to this album or more widespread for general consumption. Do all the photos at least pass the blacklight test?
                          Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X